Nearly ready to bin the sim.

As posted elsewhere on this forum, I managed to download the sim after about 30 hours & was pleasantly surprised to find it seemed to work. I flew a few times for about a week but mainly tried to sort out my Sidewinder joystick inputs/functions etc. Then without warning the sim would go through the startup procedure & after the 'press any key to start' screen I would get the download & Install box saying i had 95+ gigs to download. In other words I had to redo everything. I have followed this up on Zendesk & this forum but I am getting nowhere.

If I uninstall the whole program does this mean that I will have to download it all again?

looking like I will be going back to X -plane very soon!

I spent a lot upgrading my computer & purchasing this sim but my patience is wearing very thin indeed. Help anyone?

I gave up on the Microsoft Sidewinder trying to map sensitivity etc. It will not be optimal. Try and get a joystick the sim recognizes. I now have the Thrustmaster T16000M and it was plug and play with no adjustments and works perfectly. As for the downloading, not sure what is going on there, especially since it was installed and you played the sim. Are you sure it is not trying to install the updates. There have been 2 updates since the initial release. The second patch was quite extensive.

I did think it may be an update but the download progress bar is on empty & it says I have 97 gig to go. I did give it 3 + hours of downloading but I believe it is trying to re download the whole game . There again, I could be wrong! I am hoping that Zendesk might throw some light on it. Thanks

As posted elsewhere on this forum, I managed to download the sim after about 30 hours & was pleasantly surprised to find it seemed to work. I flew a few times for about a week but mainly tried to sort out my Sidewinder joystick inputs/functions etc. Then without warning the sim would go through the startup procedure & after the 'press any key to start' screen I would get the download & Install box saying i had 95+ gigs to download. In other words I had to redo everything. I have followed this up on Zendesk & this forum but I am getting nowhere.

If I uninstall the whole program does this mean that I will have to download it all again?

looking like I will be going back to X -plane very soon!

I spent a lot upgrading my computer & purchasing this sim but my patience is wearing very thin indeed. Help anyone?

I dont understand what is your problem because you dont say so!

Is it with Sidewinder? is it because you are annoyed the update is 95gb?

The thing is I have the exact same joystick a Sidewinder, and its working perfectly.

And no, after the first patch it didnt lose any settings or functions.

After the second patch it didnt lose any setting or function either.

The only thing the second patch did was that Sensitivity is disabled, as discussed in many threads. MS has acknowledge this. Apparently it was necessary to check if all brands work (otherwise when some folk opens a ticket saying "controls are all jerky" they would never know if the user messed up the sensitivity settings. It will be reinstated soon.

It doesn't affect my Sidewinder at all, still working as usual.

And about joystick config that you say spent time making it work this was a common cry in august in the week after launch by people that didn't know how to configure. Many threads about this. The proof it was a user problem is that the threads stopped, now there are tips and tricks and youtube videos and people find the threads explaining how-to and dont open threads complaining about joystick configure anymore

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

My problem is no longer the joystick. I sorted that as per the advice I received through the Forums etc.What i cannot do however is load the sim. It just comes up with a box saying it will download & install the sim & has a highlighted box bottom right saying 'Update'. I press that button & it starts to download 97 gig which seems to me to be the whole program again which I do not want. I just want to get the sim up & running with any & all patches. I have been thinking I may need to uninstall the program & re-install it but I need to know if I can do this without re downloading the whole thing again?

The patch is around 15gb

have you tried boing first to MS store with the sim closed, log to your ms account, select MSFS and click on Play or download, it will download a short pack around 600mb

The rest when you start The sim again

Mine started at 10pm i went to sleep and at 4 am it was still downloading finishing by 6

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Yep, I knew the patch would be around that size but my download & install box says I have 110gigs to d/l ! tried all the above advice, even did a system restore. I think like others, i will ask for a refund & come back later when some of the major bugs are fixed. I don't hold out much hope for the refund as it did work originally & its been a few weeks since I purchased it. "C'est la Vie". Cheers folks

It is not a bug, because other people have it working., Why not let it do the download? In a few hours, it may be repaired.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU