payware scenery woes

billsspirit

I purchased Florida COMPLETE state photo-real from realworldscenery.com.I downloaded and installed it. I

started flying and it looked great. Then I got to central Florida and no photo scenery. I checked the

scenery files and noted that the main central Florida scenery file did not extract. I tried again and

again, the same result. I tried to contact RWS that has no posted e-mail address. the website has no

[contact us] in their menu bar. I had to reply on my sales receipt to contact RWS. I explained that I

believe that file is corrupt. RWS responded with, The file must be corrupting when I download it, even

though I had no trouble with the other 100 files. Then RWS said try downloading it this way, then another

way and then another way. I thought this crazy, but I did it anyway. I downloaded this file at least 8

times, with the same result, CORRUPT. winRAR could not open it, analyzed as[archive cannot be opened

archive is corrupt]. I explained this to RWS, their reply was{did you try downloading it this way} RWS

refuses to admit that this file corrupt. They refuse to take any blame nor do they care.I have been

downloading and installing dozens of payware for over 20 years, with no problems with downloads and

installs until now.

My questions are: Has anybody else tried to download this title? Has anybody else heard of files going

corrupt when you download them? In 30 years of computer work, I have not. When you download a file and

it is corrupt, IT is because it is already corrupt.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Have you tried a different zip utility besides WinRAR? Try 7zip if not it may just help? I had issues with winRAR in the past not unpacking complete downloads tried 7zip and not had a prob since -and 7zip will identify the offending file for you too if there is a problem.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Yes I used 7Z, that was in the exe file. I also had no problem unzipping the other 3 areas main scenery files plus the other 100 7z files . Just the one main file for central Florida is the problem. I will see about repairing it with winRAR. Thanks for the heads up on that. I appreciate all your replies.

Einstein once said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. win RAR could not repair it. I am totally convinced that this file is 100% corrupt I have downloaded it several more times. Results exactly the same CORRUPT. I was going to purchase Georgia whole state , plus Georgia 3D. No way Now. I have been going over this for a week now. I am tired of kicking a dead horse. I will no longer consider purchasing another product from REAL WORLD SCENERY.

Yes I have to agree with alot of that.Why some people can get some areas and others like me can't get Central Florida. To be fair I also got Florida 3D. No problem downloading and installing. I was very happy with the outcome.I was happy with the FSX autogen, since tha is what I am used to. Almost every payware scenery that I have, has some anomalies, which is expected. I was also happy with Florida whole state photoreal graphics. IF I HAD CENTRAL FLORIDA I would be a happy camper. I wish that RWS would have some kind of customer service and try to make things right. all I get is lip service with no real solution. I can't do anymore business with them till I get Central Florida.

• 1 month later...
I tried again to download the central Florida files as safe as can be done with Download Manager. I was shocked to see that all files downloaded in good shape and expanded properly. Now I have the whole state and am very happy. RWS has superior color and resolution than any other photoreal product.