Half Screen

miatamariner

When opening up an aircraft in FSX that has no 2D panel, this is what I see. See pic #1. In order to get a full view of the background (see pic #2) I have to drag the bottom border in pic #1 down to the bottom of my monitor screen. I'd like to know what settiings need to be changed, and in what file, to have FSX open up to a full screen with an aircraft that has no 2D panel.

Hi.

What resolution are you using?

Try 1920 or you can actually go 4K with that system.

Did you select more than one Monitor? Make sure you only have one and only One window use [] keys to confirm.

It may be that your Sync is off? What monitor and what freq, and resolution is it?

Alt>Options>Settings>Display>try 4096x or 1920...

Or substitute a 'compatible' (ie: aircraft type/model) panel from another aircraft. Just be sure that the panel name (panel=xxx) matches or it won't show. Nice specs - that is ALL i want for Christmas (i7 9700K).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi.

What resolution are you using?

Try 1920 or you can actually go 4K with that system.

Did you select more than one Monitor? Make sure you only have one and only One window use [] keys to confirm.

It may be that your Sync is off? What monitor and what freq, and resolution is it?

Alt>Options>Settings>Display>try 4096x or 1920...

It is an HP VH240a. Native resolution is 1920x1080 60hz. Running FSX at same spec.

4K is a mystery to me. How would I know if I can use that or is my system/monitor capable of that?

Or substitute a 'compatible' (ie: aircraft type/model) panel from another aircraft. Just be sure that the panel name (panel=xxx) matches or it won't show. Nice specs - that is ALL i want for Christmas (i7 9700K).

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes, I tried that. Aircraft in question is the 787-10 that I just found at Rikoooo. Gavin Munro has a beautiful 2D panel for a 787 that I used. I have been using that panel in a 787-9 from CAMSIM. Works beautifully, but with no VC in the model.Copy/pasted the panel cfg specs and gauges into the panel folder for the Rikoooo 787. On FSX start up, the 2D panel shows full screen but there is some conflict somewhere as it freezes my screen to where a reboot is the only way out.

The Omen is a new purchase and I did it with the intention of purchasing MS2020 but with all the issues I have been reading about, I am holding off for the time being. Going to let it get patched and sorted out before I buy.

Hi.

I am now understanding your problem but It may not be as simple as just Pasting the 2D panel in the other model. You have to find out if the Rikooo 787 has the capability of using 2D and typically you must have an .mdl that is capable of accepting it.

Maybe others that have that Make / Model can help.

About 4K all you have to do is try follow this procedure Alt key>Options>Settings>Display>try 4096x and see what it looks like. I would start with C172 in VC mode first, you can always go back to 1920 if you do not want to use 4K. The problem with 4K is that the Text is very small and difficult to read but the display, gauges...are very sharp. Your system should be able to handle that.

You have to find out if the Rikooo 787 has the capability of using 2D and typically you must have an .mdl that is capable of accepting it.

Yeah, I'm leaning in this direction. Not sure the model supports it.

About 4K all you have to do is try follow this procedure Alt key>Options>Settings>Display>try 4096x and see what it looks like. I would start with C172 in VC mode first, you can always go back to 1920 if you do not want to use 4K. The problem with 4K is that the Text is very small and difficult to read but the display, gauges...are very sharp. Your system should be able to handle that..

In FSX, the highest setting I am shown is 1920x1080x32. No 4096 available. With your comment about small print, I don't think I could use 4096 anyway as I have a hard enough time seeing print at the current 1920x1080! Thanks for your help.

Hi.

Too bad, no 4K, it must be your Monitor, your system is very capable and 4K is an incredible improvement in visuals.

About your 2D see this thread https://www.rikoooo.com/board?view=topic&catid=5&id=722 that plane has No 2D

>>This is because there is no 2D panel. Only virtual cockpit. Please read description page for more information

Unless you have a good reason to use 2D I would really suggest that you use the VC only. I haven't used 2D since the VC was implemented and I only use it in special circumstances / needs.

About your 2D see this thread https://www.rikoooo.com/board?view=topic&catid=5&id=722 that plane has No 2D

>>This is because there is no 2D panel. Only virtual cockpit. Please read description page for more information

Unless you have a good reason to use 2D I would really suggest that you use the VC only. I haven't used 2D since the VC was implemented and I only use it in special circumstances / needs.

Thanks for the link. The VC in this aircraft is outstanding and I won't have a problem using it to fly this plane. I have preferred 2D panel's because of my lousy eyesight and find them easier to read.

In regards to my half screen problem, I solved it. I checked the model folder and found two sub files associated with P3D. I deleted those but found those were not my problem. What I did to restore a full screen on start up was to delete the ident code line from Window00 which was the main panel window in the panel cfg folder. I don't know why it worked, but it did. I now have full screen on start up.

I am now going to fiddle around and see if I can get a 2D panel to install and work.

Thanks

Hi.

I am sure you already know but you can adjust your View / VC, using Ctr+Enter and BackSpace and Shift+Enter and BackSpace and or = - to adjust views and Save it a flight that will maintain those settings.

There is a also a configuration change to cameras you can make the .flt to make those permanent.

There is a also a configuration change to cameras you can make the .flt to make those permanent.

You bring up a point that I have had no success with. On my first click on the "A" key to enter the Virtual Cockpit, the view I see is 99% window glass. I have to zoom out in order to see the gauge panel itself. I end up at the maximum zoom of 0.30. When I check the Camera cfg file, I see that the Initial Zoom setting is already at 0.30., but when entering the VC in FSX, it is no where near that setting as I have to zoom out to that setting of 0.30 in order to see the gauge panel. I also see a line called Zoom Pan Scalar=1.0. Do you know what this is for as it does not appear in the Camera cfg 001 for the main cockpit view. The VC camera I am referring to is Cam 002. Is there a lock of some sort on the Camera cfg settings so that they can't be changed? I have no problem changing the XYZ and PBH settings to adjust camera views for an individual aircraft.

Thanks

To adjust the inital view in VC you go to aircraft cfg's (Views) section, then look at 'eyepoint=xxx,xxx,xxx' and change the xxx's to distance (from ref datum) in feet (Long, Lat, Vert). Trial & error may be called for. Reload airplane to see the changes.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

To adjust the inital view in VC you go to aircraft cfg's (Views) section, then look at 'eyepoint=xxx,xxx,xxx' and change the xxx's to distance (from ref datum) in feet (Long, Lat, Vert). Trial & error may be called for. Reload airplane to see the changes.

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck:

Does the viewpoint affect the VC? I thought it was only for the main cockpit view. My problem is with the VC opening view.

Thanks

Chris