What am I doing wrong

I am trying to get passed the First Solo Flight Challenge and the Instructor keeps failing me because she says I wasn't supposed to land there. I have followed the exact procedures from the previous lesson, climb to 5400 turn left, climb to 5700 and turn left, throttle down and add flaps and turn left, idle throttle and turn left, land. It never works for me as she says I ma not supposed to land there. What gives?
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

I am trying to get passed the First Solo Flight Challenge and the Instructor keeps failing me because she says I wasn't supposed to land there. I have followed the exact procedures from the previous lesson, climb to 5400 turn left, climb to 5700 and turn left, throttle down and add flaps and turn left, idle throttle and turn left, land. It never works for me as she says I ma not supposed to land there. What gives?

Were you expressively cleared to land? Probably not. You get a landing clearance only if you turn base at the right spot. The obstructor is very strict.

Obstructor? :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Were you expressively cleared to land? Probably not. You get a landing clearance only if you turn base at the right spot. The obstructor is very strict.

This is the SOLO Mission. There is no instructor saying anything other that I landed in the wrong place.

Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

May need some more info other than "the wrong place". I would have to assume not the wrong airport or runway?? Maybe you landed too soon on the landing threshold?

Here is a video to compare with what you are doing:

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I kept getting that. Never figured out what I was doing wrong.

That along with some yoke/pedal funkiness yesterday and I was ready to just quit. I kept losing the pedals completely and the yoke controls kept going haywire all at once. I was trying to use a new powered usb hub and had all 3 CH products plugged into the hub. Hoping that was the issue. Now that the update is finished I will go and find out. Here is hoping that they helped the trim issues, even if they didn't mention it.

That along with some yoke/pedal funkiness yesterday and I was ready to just quit. I kept losing the pedals completely and the yoke controls kept going haywire all at once. I was trying to use a new powered usb hub and had all 3 CH products plugged into the hub. Hoping that was the issue. Now that the update is finished I will go and find out. Here is hoping that they helped the trim issues, even if they didn't mention it.

Yea - controllers all working through a powered hub tend not to play well together.

It’s a question of power output. A typical device uses around 500mA, so if your hub’s power supply is say.. 3amp then in theory you could plug in 6 devices, assuming there is enough usb sockets on your hub. That is in theory. Usually 3 or 4 devices is all you can get away with.

One thing I’ve noticed as well, is that they tend to prefer USB 2 rather than USB 3. Certainly Saitek panels do at least.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

It’s a question of power output. A typical device uses around 500mA, so if your hub’s power supply is say.. 3amp then in theory you could plug in 6 devices, assuming there is enough usb sockets on your hub. That is in theory. Usually 3 or 4 devices is all you can get away with.

One thing I’ve noticed as well, is that they tend to prefer USB 2 rather than USB 3. Certainly Saitek panels do at least.

Regards

Steve

It is a 3amp model. I have ran into that 2.0 vs 3.0 before with racing wheels. Unfortunately, my motherboard doesn't have any 2.0 inputs. It has 5x Gen 1 and 2x Gen2 3.0 Ports on back with 2 more on front of the case. Splitting them up did the trick. No more sudden spinning or diving.