Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What am I doing wrong

Default What am I doing wrong

I am trying to get passed the First Solo Flight Challenge and the Instructor keeps failing me because she says I wasn't supposed to land there. I have followed the exact procedures from the previous lesson, climb to 5400 turn left, climb to 5700 and turn left, throttle down and add flaps and turn left, idle throttle and turn left, land. It never works for me as she says I ma not supposed to land there. What gives?

Sounds like you are flying a circuit of a particular airfield. Is it because you are attempting a downwind landing?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I am trying to get passed the First Solo Flight Challenge and the Instructor keeps failing me because she says I wasn't supposed to land there. I have followed the exact procedures from the previous lesson, climb to 5400 turn left, climb to 5700 and turn left, throttle down and add flaps and turn left, idle throttle and turn left, land. It never works for me as she says I ma not supposed to land there. What gives?
    Were you expressively cleared to land? Probably not. You get a landing clearance only if you turn base at the right spot. The obstructor is very strict.

Obstructor?

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Quote Originally Posted by mga010 View Post
    Were you expressively cleared to land? Probably not. You get a landing clearance only if you turn base at the right spot. The obstructor is very strict.
    This is the SOLO Mission. There is no instructor saying anything other that I landed in the wrong place.

May need some more info other than "the wrong place". I would have to assume not the wrong airport or runway?? Maybe you landed too soon on the landing threshold?

Here is a video to compare with what you are doing:

Last edited by mrzippy; 09-16-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mga010 View Post
    I kept getting that. Never figured out what I was doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemill View Post
    I kept getting that. Never figured out what I was doing wrong.
    That along with some yoke/pedal funkiness yesterday and I was ready to just quit. I kept losing the pedals completely and the yoke controls kept going haywire all at once. I was trying to use a new powered usb hub and had all 3 CH products plugged into the hub. Hoping that was the issue. Now that the update is finished I will go and find out. Here is hoping that they helped the trim issues, even if they didn't mention it.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    That along with some yoke/pedal funkiness yesterday and I was ready to just quit. I kept losing the pedals completely and the yoke controls kept going haywire all at once. I was trying to use a new powered usb hub and had all 3 CH products plugged into the hub. Hoping that was the issue. Now that the update is finished I will go and find out. Here is hoping that they helped the trim issues, even if they didn't mention it.
    Yea - controllers all working through a powered hub tend not to play well together.

It’s a question of power output. A typical device uses around 500mA, so if your hub’s power supply is say.. 3amp then in theory you could plug in 6 devices, assuming there is enough usb sockets on your hub. That is in theory. Usually 3 or 4 devices is all you can get away with.
    One thing I’ve noticed as well, is that they tend to prefer USB 2 rather than USB 3. Certainly Saitek panels do at least.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast