Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Simulate fsx locked spot view in fs 2020

Default Simulate fsx locked spot view in fs 2020

Does anybody know how to simulate the fsx locked spot external view in fs2200? I always used that? Steve

I've been a member for 10 years and I'm only a junior member?

Hi, this new sim is completely different to FSX and there isn’t spot view as such, but there are other options like the drone.
    There’s a guy on YouTube (known as Squirrel) who’s done some excellent tutorials. Check out this one..
    https://youtu.be/wTUFA33wIEM

As for your membership status, I think it’s down to the number of posts you’ve made.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Ctrl+shift+1 gives you a fixed external view behind the aircraft, if that's what you're thinking of. You can edit the camera position and angle in the cameras.cfg file in the folder of each aircraft.

Thanks I'll try that. It is wrong for asobo to make you edit a config file to do that.

I've been trying spotlight view but the horizon keeps tilting. I wonder if there's any way to keep the horizon level automatically in spotlight view.

Quote Originally Posted by gtox View Post
    Ctrl+shift+1 gives you a fixed external view behind the aircraft, if that's what you're thinking of. You can edit the camera position and angle in the cameras.cfg file in the folder of each aircraft.
    I found the camera.cfg file but it doesn't have position or angle. It has eyepoint, is that what you mean. It has 22 camera definitions for this plane. I don't want to make changes without knowing for sure. Thanks steve

I changed to eyepoint in camera.cfg and it only changed the eyepoint in cockpit view, so now my cockpit view is outside the plane.

In the installation folder, under Official/OneStore, you will find each aircraft has it's own folder. With the Cessna 152, for example, in the asobo-aircraft-c152/simobjects/Airplanes/Asobo_C152 folder, you find the cameras.cfg file (each aircraft has its own cameras.cfg file). In this file there is a list of camera definitions. Camera definition 18 is the external view I'm talking about (unfortunately it's not the same for each aircraft). Under [CAMERADEFINITION.18] you will find InitialXyz and InitialPbh.
    InitialXyz is the position of the camera, and InitialPbh is the angle of the camera. If you set InitialXyz to 0,0,-10, the camera will be 10 units behind the plane, if you set InitialPbh to 0,0,0 it should be looking straight ahead at the aircraft (the update replaced my editing with the default values, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was).

With the Extra 300, the camera definition is [CAMERADEFINITION.16], Title ="FixedOnPlane_Tail". You just have to look past all the instrument and quickview definitions to find the right one.

Thanks alot gtox. I saw those initialxyz and initialpbh and I thought they might be what I wanted. Is the title always fixedonplanetail? Steve

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast