Simulate fsx locked spot view in fs 2020

Can you go as far away from the plane with that if you want?

No, the zoom is limited. Drone view would be needed to go farther. The outside view and controlling it works for me, and it doesn't for others. I shouldn't be in this discussion.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

I found out the cessna 150 aerobatic has a good description of what all the numbers we're interested in, in it's camera.cfg file. I think my problem with the dev mode window change aircraft, was I was double clicking on the aircraft name. Just single click it and then click load.

In the installation folder, under Official/OneStore, you will find each aircraft has it's own folder. With the Cessna 152, for example, in the asobo-aircraft-c152/simobjects/Airplanes/Asobo_C152 folder, you find the cameras.cfg file (each aircraft has its own cameras.cfg file). In this file there is a list of camera definitions. Camera definition 18 is the external view I'm talking about (unfortunately it's not the same for each aircraft). Under [CAMERADEFINITION.18] you will find InitialXyz and InitialPbh.

InitialXyz is the position of the camera, and InitialPbh is the angle of the camera. If you set InitialXyz to 0,0,-10, the camera will be 10 units behind the plane, if you set InitialPbh to 0,0,0 it should be looking straight ahead at the aircraft (the update replaced my editing with the default values, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was).

It is a good idea to make seperate backups of any .cfg file you edit in the Official\OneStore folders, that way you can always copy/paste into the updated files.

• 7 months later...
The problem with the normal external view is that when you move the plane, the camera lurches behind as if it's attached by a rope, whereas I sometimes want a view that where the camera remains in a fixed position relative to the aircraft. I can't remember what the view was called in FSX, it's not the locked spot (but it should be).

In earlier versions, I used a view that let's say just for example, started at the three o'clock, level with aircraft, 90 deg angle looking at the aircraft's left side. if the aircraft changes direction as in a right turn from north to 90 deg east, I will then be looking at the front of the aircraft, head on now at the same altitude level as before. From that head on position now, if the aircraft pulls straight up to a vertical climb, I will now see the belly of the aircraft and so on. All this is accomplished without the hat switch, mouse or other device changing the view to accomplish this. Currently, yes, I can acheive a simular effect if I pan the view manually but that isn't what I'm looking for. I feel it is much cooler to see the aspect change automatically, without manipulation as in previous versions automatically. It is as if, the camera looks at let's say, 270 west heading, stays at the same altitude as the aircraft and allows the aircraft to spin, rotate or move around within the field of view while staying trained west at 270. Is this type view possible on MSFS 2020 now or can that be placed on a wish list? Does this description explain what you originally intended?

Kruezman2