Hunting Down Cheyenne Mountain and a Stargate, Colorado Springs, FS2020 Three Parts

Here we have another amazing voyage in the wonderful new Microsoft Flight Simulator by Asobo.

Today's journey, we are hunting down famous landmarks in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Flying a Cessna 152 Aerobat in honor of Doug Masters from the first movie of Iron Eagle, where we learned his character was hoping to be accepted into the Air Force Academy which is located in this very city we are flying in.

We are also looking for another very famous, yet very supposed "Top Secret" location of the elusive inside Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Base, which was used in the movie Stargate, with Kurt Russell and James Spader. A series was later released on the very same movie, but with different actors than the ones who portrayed their roles in the film version.

On the runway, Runway 17 at Colorado Springs airport

WscioLW.png

Taking off

VRFqBDE.png

Nice early morning wake up calls for this community below; aircraft zooming past overhead!

Iaud3LI.png

Heading out across Colorado Springs

LWQvlAE.jpg

Turning towards the direction and heading towards the USAF Academy Airfield, KAAF

mfTTjhB.jpg

Approaching the Academy Air Field

tJCSwpk.png

The threshold of the traffic pattern at the airfield

OTFiRJN.jpg

Falcon Stadium

L9iumqd.jpg

Flying over Eisenhower Golf Course

294CtGA.png

Flying over the Air Force Academy's athletic fields

iipSWx9.jpg

Continued Next Post:

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Fly over of the main campus. You can even clearly make out static displays of past aircraft in the center green

DvG9Oyn.jpg

Flying on towards Cheyenne Mountain

OS16VbQ.png

OS16VbQ.png

FOUND! The road that leads into the mountain heads into the bunker entrance

0ccdx6N.jpg

External administrative buildings and parking lots are just a spec of what is really part of a huge complex

ns89uug.jpg

Drone Eye View

kxn8bL9.png

Did a quick turn around, heading back to Colorado Springs Airport

qyl6wTx.jpg

So long, Cheyenne Mountain!

bT6wFFz.jpg

Heading back to the airfield

UsT9uNJ.png

Turning base

UsT9uNJ.png

Part three coming up

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Well done. Great points of interest also! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great set showcasing Cheyenne Mountain!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Sensational set of images once again John! :) You probably know there is another update today for MSFS, I think it's around 100+gb.

Do you have the feeling you don't need REX or Orbx much anymore or is it just me? I'm not even that excited about payware aircraft any more. :D

Edited by adamb
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sensational set of images once again John! :) You probably know there is another update today for MSFS, I think it's around

Do you have the feeling you don't need REX or Orbx much anymore or is it just me? I'm not even that excited about payware aircraft any more. :D

:D I mean 15gb or so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting shots John! It is interesting to see the detail in these shots vs. some i flew over the northern Urals. Much of that was obviously deliberately blurred out.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 2 weeks later...