Any tips for building and importing aircraft for the new MSFS?

I built a few aircraft and scenery way back when for FS98 - the KC-135T in particular. Having been out of the loop for so long but now getting back into the new MSFS, I'd like to know if there is a way to build aircraft for MSFS (2020)?

I work with Blender and have been looking at scenery development as well. I was in the USAF as a crew chief on KC-135 aircraft and I'm actually working on the KC-135R and T model again but for the new MSFS. Attached are a few images from my development from last year.

I'm wondering if anyone would know a good workflow or at least point me in the direction for getting flight models in there? I know there are professional developers that are working fast and furious but for older and more casual designers like myself, it would be a good thread to start if not started already.

You can see one of my very old builds, a KC-135T at the bottom of this page here on Flightsim.com - https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=80008911

Thanks Much!

Dale W. Jackson

(former USAF KC-135T and R model crew chief)

58113544_2237150862999022_8929525162034855936_o.jpg

57703346_2237150849665690_4843479171394961408_o.jpg

58594692_2237150869665688_1602927076707401728_o.jpg

One of the first things to do would be download the SDK. You need to enable developer mode in the settings, and then you can download it from the menu. It is incomplete though, including the documentation.

There is a Blender plugin being developed. I believe you can find out about it over at fsdeveloper.com.

That looks great! I use blender as well for my 3D Content Creation, and also have an aircraft ready for import to be used for FS2020. There is a Blender to FS2020 tool kit over on FSDeveloper.com that you might be interested in.

My aircraft: Based on the TR3B Black Triangle UFO:

fQBwrRT.jpg

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

One of the first things to do would be download the SDK. You need to enable developer mode in the settings, and then you can download it from the menu. It is incomplete though, including the documentation.

There is a Blender plugin being developed. I believe you can find out about it over at fsdeveloper.com.

Thank you! I will do that. It's been a long while (2000-2020), while I focused my life on other things (family and work and moving a lot!) but now getting more settled, I would love to build again.

That looks great! I use blender as well for my 3D Content Creation, and also have an aircraft ready for import to be used for FS2020. There is a Blender to FS2020 tool kit over on FSDeveloper.com that you might be interested in.

My aircraft: Based on the TR3B Black Triangle UFO:

fQBwrRT.jpg

Thank you! and yours too! I'll take a look at FSDeveloper.com and do some serious reading! :)

The initial models look good. I was stationed at GFAFB (2001-09) and worked on the 135's (Comm/Nav). Definitely excited to see this. Hope it goes well for you.

that's awesome! Boy Grand Forks! that brought back memories - having to go from Fairchild AFB then to a stop at GF and then over the "pond" to Mildenhall AB and then eventually to Prince Sultan, Saudi Arabia. GFAFB was fridged!! Much more than Fairchild AFB. it was about -20 when we stopped, and we were in our desert gear. Let's just say our post flight checks were rapid!!! LOL Thanks again, I'll strive to see what I can do with this 3D model - no promises as I'm an old modeler, but a total noob as to how to get things into Flight Simulator.

• 1 year later...
Yeah nice to go Cargo fsim_thumbup-logo.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"