Thread: On startup the sim is downloading from scratch!

Unhappy On startup the sim is downloading from scratch!

I don't get it. I have been slowly getting used to this new sim & today I started it up & got the download & install dialogue box stating it will be d/l & installing 95+ gig! I thought maybe patch number 2 was out but I doubt it. So why I have i got to download all 95 gig again? help please.

Sorry for title misspelling, meant 'scratch'

That’s a strange one. I’ve just booted up mine to check if it downloads anything but no, it launched as normal.
    I don’t suppose you’ve logged in as a different user? Or maybe deleted / uninstalled anything?

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    That’s a strange one. I’ve just booted up mine to check if it downloads anything but no, it launched as normal.
    I don’t suppose you’ve logged in as a different user? Or maybe deleted / uninstalled anything?

Regards
    Steve
    No, no deletion but tried to run as Admin but still says 97+ gig to go! In the box at bottom right corner it says 'Update'.
    Should i let the download go for a while to see if solves itself?

5. Default

This is just a shot in the dark but did you try and install it into a non standard file structure instead of just pointing it at a drive and letting it do the rest so it thinks it doesn’t exist? Probably not but I’m throwing it out there just in case. Hope you get it sorted.

Meanwhile I would let it run andsee what happens.

Thanks but it went perfectly well for over a week on a daily basis. I have tried to run it from the startup icon & the one from the list of applications. All I get is the music & the screen saying it will download & install. If I press the 'Update' icon at bottom right, I get the download bar showing empty & a download size of 95+ gigs. It took me 30 hours to download in the first instance which costs a fair bit on top of the purchase price. I have submitted an enquiry to 'Zendesk' (think its called that). They have acknowledged receipt of it but of course not heard a thing from them. Doubt if I can get a refund as it did download o.k in the beginning. What a frustrating disappointment! Thank you for your help.

It sounds to me like it’s been corrupted or something.. maybe hardware failure or even a virus? The fact that it worked for a week.. also you are hearing the loading/menu music.
    I don’t think it’s a fault of the sim itself.
    If I was you, I’d back up anything important... wipe the pc completely and then reinstall Windows & eventually the sim itself.. I know it would take a lot of time but there would be a chance of it all working again.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    It sounds to me like it’s been corrupted or something.. maybe hardware failure or even a virus? The fact that it worked for a week.. also you are hearing the loading/menu music.
    I don’t think it’s a fault of the sim itself.
    If I was you, I’d back up anything important... wipe the pc completely and then reinstall Windows & eventually the sim itself.. I know it would take a lot of time but there would be a chance of it all working again.

Regards
    Steve
    Its certainly weird alright. Today I tried again as patch 2 is out & thought maybe it would sort it out. I left it downloading for about 3 hours but it seems to want to do the whole 95+ gigs. I am hoping to hear back from Zendesk as I can't really afford another large download.
    Thanks for your helpful suggestions Steve. Rod