Now how to deal with this??

keith

In juli 2019 i bought a (used) dvd box pmdg 737-800 NGX from a dutch website simular to e-bay called marktplaats, had to pay 18,50 €

in juli 2019 i succeeded to install ánd activate! the plane

in august 2020 i had to install and activate the same plane again (due to a SSD harddisk errror) and got a message: due to exceeding the number of activations, no activation can take place etc etc

I did e-mail pmdg about it, did explain my situation (and added the activation code) OVER AND OVER AGAIN and sofar I DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING from pmdg so now now the final truth about "pmdg" seems to be revealed

Looks like a typical "we sold our box, got our money and you can drop dead" case does it? or...?

Fighting software piracy is ok of course but this OUTRAGEOUS lack of customer support makes no sense AT ALL!!

anyone got the same experience with these "pmdg" crooks as well??

keith (holland)

From what I recall talking with RSR (PMDG) head guy, reselling aircraft discs or transferring downloads is against their policy. You may have been considered a "bad guy" for buying it used.

Oh ok, thanx mr Zippy, i will tell this to all of the "pmdg" sellers at marktplaats holland (the marktplaats website is similar to e-bay etc) they will be quite mad at me but so be it...

Yours sincerely,

keith

May I quote from MrZippy:

"It's in the EULA of PMDG. You, the user, cannot distribute the software "in any form"."

This piece of legalese means that the original purchaser/end user is not allowed to resell the product by any means or anywhere - he has to keep it, or destroy it.

Jorgen

So Keith's initial question can be answered by taking this up with the person who sold him the product illegally and get a refund.

And if he resists - take it up with the site it was sold through.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

And now I found this: https://old.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/vz4pk/european_court_declares_resale_of_used_software/ and its source: http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,16069323,00.html

So yeah, if you in the EU, you're allowed to resale software there as long you delete the original copy.

So that's why they can do that in the Netherlands.

I do not sure about other regions though.

Edited by surrodox2001

So yeah, if you in the EU, you're allowed to resale software there as long you delete the original copy.

So that's why they can do that in the Netherlands.

It isn't quite that simple, as is clear from the linked article. The person who sold it committed himself to an EULA when he bought the product and has infringed it.

And PMDG are based in Viginia, USA, so have no reason to concern themseleves with EU law.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

If you buy used software that requires activation unfortunately it's at your own risk. I certainly wouldn't expect a developer to aid in this circumstance.

Seek refund. From YOUR vendor, not PMDG.

The Americans are not the crooks here.... Keith is pointing blame where it does not warrant.

Seek refund. From YOUR vendor, not PMDG.

The Americans are not the crooks here.... Keith is pointing blame where it does not warrant.

Not sure the type of site he bought from but the site and seller would need to play ball or you get to a “not worth the trouble situation.“

Literally billions of EULA’s are broken selling games.

In reality, you take a risk buying used.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

And exactly thats what happened last friday! :-) Activation problem seems to be solved :-)

Solution: had to make ticket, got an e-mail from PMDG with message ticket was >>>honoured with reset of number of activations

keith (holland)

And exactly thats what happened last friday! :-) Activation problem seems to be solved :-)

Solution: had to make ticket, got an e-mail from PMDG with message ticket was >>>honoured with reset of number of activations

keith (holland)

How do you tell them?

And yeah I think EU law trumps others when you're in the EU.