Can't find .exe file location

I have MSFS 2020 installed. Most of my key mapping has been painless. I have several USB peripherals.

One of them is a contour shuttle which will send programmed keystrokes as if from a keyboard. It has approx 15 buttons and two dials and would be fantastic fantastic for radio tuning and GPS.

Unfortunately, to configure it you need to know where the flight sim exe file is so you can point to that file. I dont need access to the file , just need to know the address

It seems that if you purchased from Steam, it is not a problem. The files are not hidden. If you purchased from the Microsoft store the files and folders are hidden and you dont have access. A little frustrated as the Steam purchasers have full access but Microsoft customers do not.

Any solutions??

Steve

Hey Steve,

The files are located in 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps' or on another drive if you selected that during install (mine is installed on the E Drive). The WindowsApps folder is hidden but also locked down with some extra security. I'll share a link with steps to get access. I do want to caution you if you're not careful you can mess things up. So small disclaimer, be careful! Depending on how familiar you are with Windows, consider asking someone with more knowledge to come help you.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

-David

I can easily take ownership of the Winapps folder. There seem to be cautions about doing this on the net. Is there any downside to taking ownership or effects on other programs in the files. I just want to be able to point another program to the executable so that I can set up a config file for my Contour shuttle.

Steve

For those of you who can find the .exe... what is it's exact name, please?

It's FlightSimulator.exe and it's in a folder named Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe in WindowsApps.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks David for the How to link
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

it is on disk 1..

you need it all the time. (each use of MSFS)

like in MSFS 2000.

But for that .exe there was a patch.

What if he has the digital version from MS?

What if he has the Steam version?

He doesn't want to know what disk it's on, he wants to know where it is on his COMPUTER.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I already told him where it is in post #5.

The Microsoft Store version installs into:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tiger1962...

I do not have access to that folder, and when I try to access it..everything is greyed out... so, no access for me.

1 user PC...admin rights thru-out.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

You need to go into your Folder View settings and check that View hidden folders and files is on.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk