Full screen washed out Nvidia question.

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

My graphics card (NVIDIA GT 730) a modest but perfectly acceptable card for Fs9, bar one thing. If FS9 is running in any windowed mode the colours of the sim are perfect just as i like them. the problem is i like to run fs9 in Full screen mode but when i switch to that the colours of the sim become washed out and anaemic looking .

This appears to be an Nvidia problem and across a whole range of there cards.

i have tried some of the solutions offered on the net ,but none have worked so far . As an example

have tried setting in Nvidia control panel (Output dynamic range ) from limited to full (this was one supposed solution to the washed out full screen)...... i didn't work for me.

Any thoughts?

This is a very irritating glitch .

Thanks Andy

Hello All

My graphics card (NVIDIA GT 730) a modest but perfectly acceptable card for Fs9, bar one thing. If FS9 is running in any windowed mode the colours of the sim are perfect just as i like them. the problem is i like to run fs9 in Full screen mode but when i switch to that the colours of the sim become washed out and anaemic looking .

This appears to be an Nvidia problem and across a whole range of there cards.

i have tried some of the solutions offered on the net ,but none have worked so far . As an example

have tried setting in Nvidia control panel (Output dynamic range ) from limited to full (this was one supposed solution to the washed out full screen)...... i didn't work for me.

Any thoughts?

This is a very irritating glitch .

Thanks Andy

You need to ensure you are using the correct default colour settings.

What are you using, currently? NOT the resolution settings!

Make sure you are running the card in 32bit mode with your correct monitor resolution. I have found out before if the card is set to 16bit it will give the problem that you are seeing.

Thanks Bam

Card is running 32bit and the monitor resolution is correct.

Looking on the net,it seems this full screen washed out problem (Nvidia only I believe)is quite an issue with gamers as well, it's not just FS9 .

Actually the look is not dire ,it may actually be closer to reality, but I do like a bit of colour in my life. :) and would like this FS option to work.

Cheers Andy

This will likely be your refresh rate or your RGB setting isn't using the full scale 0-255 in full screen mode.

Try changing your refresh rate first and then check FS. If this doesn't work check your RGB settings. I can't remember the process off hand and I'm not at the PC to check it myself and give instructions. Google and if you have any issues I can post another reply when I'm at the PC.

Edit: Just thinking about it, if you look at the Nvidia settings everything might be under display settings area/section.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

You need to ensure you are using the correct default colour settings.

What are you using, currently? NOT the resolution settings!

Mallcott

I think you may have solved my problem.

I use the Nvidia control panel to change/tinker with colour settings . I have always opted for the Nvidia settings rather than the default 'other applications control colour settings' so on your advice i switched to the latter and it looks as though i have fixed the problem,( unless i am willing myself to see something that isn't there ) but now the colour settings i am now sure are identical in both windowed mode AND importantly in full screen.

I always felt that because my Gcard was Nvidia then i should use the Nvidia settings, but it seems not so.

When i select my evenings flight and its darker (very bright sunlight at the moment )and the sim colours are deeper and more saturated i will be able to definitely see if my changes(your idea) have finally fixed this issue .

trying to be positive I think they have.

Cheers to you and all contributors to my query this issue was driving me bonkerroony

Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks