Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FSX to XPlane 11.x to MFS2020?

Quote Originally Posted by gazeb View Post
    Thanks for the replies. On balance I'd say I'm a tad disappointed with the performance of MSFS2020 from what I have read here and seen on videos elsewhere.

FSX was from recollection primarily running on one CPU core with little support from the graphics card.
    We have now moved into the multicore CPU world with powerful graphics cards as the norm. I was hoping (and expecting if truth be told) MSFS2020 would be ultra-smooth even in relatively densely populated areas.

To me it is critical to have smooth graphics. From the overall experience there is little worse than stuttering scenery when landing or taking off in a flight sim. I'd sooner have smoother animation and see less out of the cockpit.

Will I buy FS2020 now or wait to see what happens? I'm undecided. The money isn't an issue but I don't want to waste time installing, configuring and learning only to find myself switching back to XPlane 11.5.
    If the money isn’t an issue just do it.

You’ve probably spent the same amount of time and effort thinking about it and seeking opinion oh it.

Find out for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvensmith View Post
    Default XP11 graphics are way better than FSX but can't really touch FS20. Haven't taken a flight with the Vulkan upgrade (11.5) which is now live, may take a look shortly.
    Thanks for your feedback, Elvensmith. It pretty much concurs with what I've read here and there on the web . .enough so that I'm going to take the XP11 plunge, not fork out a lot of money to run FS2020, and just enjoy what I get fromXP and FSX. See you in the skies!

David

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Goggleface View Post
    Thanks for your feedback, Elvensmith. It pretty much concurs with what I've read here and there on the web . .enough so that I'm going to take the XP11 plunge, not fork out a lot of money to run FS2020, and just enjoy what I get fromXP and FSX. See you in the skies!

David
    It costs you £1 plus download time to try out 2020. X-Plane looks like a good and mature product and I’ve been tempted by it, especially by access to helicopters but in the end getting so much in the default 2020 won out.

Isn’t it great that we have so many great choices for flight sims now?

Blog Entries

Think this makes the decsion for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts7xlXC8Ec4

I'll stick to X-Plane 11.5 for now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3