After new install when I press to fly screen turns black music still plays.

Stevepariser

On my old win10 laptop program worked perfectly. New dell computer I installed fresh from disks. I have the latest graphic drivers. Can not understand why program does not work. Screen goes black when I go to “fly””. I reinstalled twice with same result. I also did not install sp1@2 on the second try same result. Again the music continues to play .

go to your main FSX.cfg and click on find use ctrl+f and type in graphics. and when that comes up put this at the bottom HIGHMEMFIX=1 i had the same issue and this takes care of that. when you close the cfg say yes to changes and try your flight again. and get back to us to let us know it worked
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

well something does not sound right then. because fsx acceleration pack has SP2. because i was problem solving and found an SP2 update that was for FSX and it didn't work. so if the OP is not installing the SP1 and 2 updates then no it won't work. check windows updates.

Yep SP2 shipped with Acceleration i believe but i had to update my boxed Deluxe version manually. Steve doesnt say what version he has installed?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Yep SP2 shipped with Acceleration i believe but i had to update my boxed Deluxe version manually. Steve doesnt say what version he has installed?

well still if the OP has windows it should have downloaded the service packs as well. he should also install the latest version of the mxsl for the flight sim. it needs that to.