Annoying sound display/oscilloscope

dmthorson

On the right side of all screens, I have a round object displayed, black with a blue border and variably pulsing bright blue interior. I can't make it disappear. It appears to be tied to the sounds generated by the program but is there regardless whether I have the computer speakers muted. Does anyone know how to make this go away?

I just downloaded MSFS 2020 yesterday on a brand new Dell Alienware laptop I bought especially to use MSFS. Everything else seems to be operating perfectly so far. I was an active user from FS 3.0 through FSX, but haven't used FS for about 10 years, so I'm as excited as both a newbie and an experienced user.

Thanks,

Dave

I found and solved the problem, and it had nothing to do with FS directly.

Buried deep within the Alienware Command Center is a setting for Audio Recon Profiles that was causing the annoying display. I turned it off and the problem went away. (I don't really know what any of that means, or why anyone would want to see that display under any circumstances, but turning it off seems to have solved the problem I had.)

Thanks to everyone who looked at my post, even if no one knew what I was talking about or how to fix it.

Dave

Thanks for posting the solution. That sounds like one of the gaming related applications that is supposed to help gamers better find their enemies in the game based on sound. In theory it will give the player an advantage over someone without it.