MS2020: A mix of FS98 and FSX on "hormones"

Hi everyone...I´m a pilot ATP rated with quite a few hours under my wings,and started using flight simulator since FS98 came about!

To me,FSX was at the time a big leap in that area,so for at last,despite its shortcomings and traumatic beguinings (ya all remember the nightmarish esperience with ths sim´s issues) it enabled me to replicate my SID´s,route navigation thru airways,ILS´s approaches,and weather depiction was very,very bad...I just could not do an ILS breaking out at minimums,given the horrible sim´s poor visibily representation...

Well,almost two decades on,FS2020 was born...and with it the good old feeling that now,just maybe,I will be able to fly "as real as it gets!"

Huumm...what a "just maybe" it actually turned ou to be! No,I do not own a copy for I have learned the mistakes of Msoft with flight sims!

I am in a comfortable position of an observer,taking note of what is better than before and what is not,before spending about $1.500,00 dollars on a new rig, in my country´s currency.

The good news is that now autogen fits mostly well with mesh,among other clear improvements!

The bad news is,among many,I would ask the developers what had happened to "traffic",where cars run erradically at best,roads painted over a dab of greenish tones (too much green color on asphalt)bridges glued to the water and ground,third world countries largely left with crude airports and terminals,and the list goes long enaugh for me to stop about here! Considering the amount of time that has passed since FSX launch...it is a clear deception! The technology has evolved immensely all the while,in FS2020 it has not!

So...after so long with should have been presented with a flight sim that is NOT a mix of FS98 (Yes,FS98) and FSX on "hormones"...

I can only hope that unlike in FSX we dont have to wait forever for improvements to come!

Unfortunately,as for now is the only thing I can do about FS2020,only HOPE that it will turn into a flight sim that I as a pilot and the community honestly deserve!

To feel the amazing of MSFS you need to fly it more than once or twice with good fps (which requires a good rig)

Once you get that thrill of flying over a planet that looks more fascinating than anything before, together with clouds, mountains, water, cities, shades and incredible well done default airplanes and IFR FMC flying

You think...what BUGS?

If you dont feel it....its no point explaining. Youtube doesnt express it

i sim since FS4 and was an addon developper for FS9

Patches? We had the first one a week after launch and the second is promised anytime now.

What other petty primitive version had this commitment?

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Primitive FS9 only had one patch and it was a finished game. Terrible!

FS9 had to be abandoned once the 3D cockpits became standard. Nothing worked in FS9 3d cockpit

Skywatcher12 you seem to be someone that arrived in FS9 very recently, since your first post is from 2019, unless you prove you were active in sims by 2004, its very easy to get a decent computer from 2019 and find that FS9 runs smooth

Its like if we jump to the year 2035 and some guy says he likes MSFS2020 because he gets 60fps

Well Im getting 60fps in MSFS2020 in the year 2020

So whats the point of that statement?

FS9 is primitive, i know cause i played it and shared addons in the library here from launch day, i knew its limitations at the time...we just move on. If your machine cant handle the current sim thats another story.

Guys in Russia with old pentium computers are still playing FS2000, so what?

FS9 was short lived, just 2 years. There was no point in keep releasing patches for it.

In 2006 MS released FSX that was more capable of managing 3d cockpit and xml files

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

FS9 had to be abandoned once the 3D cockpits became standard. Nothing worked in FS9 3d cockpit

You making this up as you go along? lol

Skywatcher12 you seem to be someone that arrived in FS9 very recently, since your first post is from 2019, unless you prove you were active in sims by 2004.

I have no proof. You might need better glasses.

Its like if we jump to the year 2035 and some guy says he likes MSFS2020 because he gets 60fps

Well Im getting 60fps in MSFS2020 in the year 2020

So whats the point of that statement?

FS9 is primitive, i know cause i played it and shared addons in the library here from launch day, i knew its limitations at the time...we just move on. If your machine cant handle the current sim thats another story.

Guys in Russia with old pentium computers are still playing FS2000, so what?

I have no answer. I never made any mention of any of the above.

FS9 was short lived, just 2 years. There was no point in keep releasing patches for it.

In 2006 MS released FSX that was more capable of managing 3d cockpit and xml files

Well I wasn't there back then I guess so I can't possibly tell you, "You are completely WRONG!" lol

i sim since FS4 and was an addon developper for FS9

I can see why you are the Kapitan.

Mark Daniels