CH Products Flight Sim Yoke - some buttons stopped working - broken wire?

For many years, I have been using my trusty CH Products Flight Sim Yoke.

Recently however, these 4 buttons (see picture) would only work when I turned the aileron axis to the right. Later they stopped working completely (Left / right fire, aileron trim buttons).

image003.jpg

Since the wires were attached quite tightly via cable binder, I suspect a broken common ground wire, which affects these 4 buttons.

image004.jpg

Did anyone experience a similar issue and would have a clue about which wire is most likely damaged / broken?

Everything else still works like a charm (with regular maintenance).

Your kind help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Get a multi-tester to diagnose if you have a broken wire.

Probe the backside of the connector that plugs into the circuit board and make a list of what color wire is for each button.

Start with the buttons that you know work. Then you could narrow down what wire may be broken.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

• 6 months later...

Hate to resurrect this, but I have the EXACT same issue with a yoke I just purchased, except those buttons only work with the yoke turned left.

Did you ever find a resolution?

I'm perfectly comfortable with some disassembly and repairs, but would prefer not to go in blind.