over cancun mexico

johnyyz

Very nice :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm afraid I'll never get over Cancun. (Say that in your best film noir voiceover tone) ;)

What program are you using for the graphics stats? I don't think a frame counter is built into this sim? -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent shot. I like how the water looks.

Do you really? Does it trouble you that no large body of water in the world, let alone the ocean, is dead flat? This is completely unrealistic. Before "upgrading" to MSFS, I had far more realistic water textures in FSX, and especially in P3D with Rex 3D added on.

IMO after one month, the 2 greatest defects of this sim are (1) the washed-out palette, which is about 2 f-stops too wide, and (2) the absence of water effects. The pre-release trailer showed actual waves. Wonder how they got them for the promo.

Mac6737

The water effects were turned on in the release, but were turned off temporarily in the update. They will be back soon, and they do look amazing in the initial release.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

The water effects were turned on in the release, but were turned off temporarily in the update. They will be back soon, and they do look amazing in the initial release.

I'm not sure I understand. There have been 2 updates. So on or off, I never had any water effects, except on a few lakes. Here's a screenshot I posted in another thread, related to the same complaint. This was my first pic, on Day One for me, 08/26/20.

Mac6737

Golden Gate.jpg

I'm not sure I understand. There have been 2 updates. So on or off, I never had any water effects, except on a few lakes. Here's a screenshot I posted in another thread, related to the same complaint. This was my first pic, on Day One for me, 08/26/20.

Mac6737

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222200[/ATTACH]

I have to agree! for the Bay Area especially, that water looks truly artificial! I think FS9, FSX, P3d, etc. all look far better than that! :eek::eek:

And all the "updates" or not is yet another reason to own, not rent software. You'll never know what you have if everything is always in a state of flux!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.