Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Who has given up on fs2020?

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    If you pull up the Stuttgart airport in Bing Maps it is blurred out, along with many German military facilities. So it looks like it has something to do with the source data from Bing and the German government.
    I just pulled up the following Australian military airports in Bing Maps and the runways are not displayed -
    Richmond RAAF base (YSRI)
    Amberley RAAF base (YAMB)
    HMAS Albatros (YJBY)
    Yet Williamtown RAAF base (YWLM) is displayed but that is probably due to the fact that it is shared with commercial operators.

IMHO because of security and/or so that everyone doesn't consider them to be airports used by anyone.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD m/b CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz
    Memory: Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666 ram
    Video - NVidia RTX2060 OC 6GB
    Operating System: Windows 10 64bit Home

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post

Lastly...they compiled the sound for each aircraft into an unreadable Binary that is locked inside a PCK
    file. Now we have no way to create new sounds for add-on aircraft unless some genius figures a new way to do this. Why make it so difficult for developers?
    I don't have the new sim yet but this is disappointing to hear, as I liked how accessible and easy it is to tweak sounds in the older sims. It sound like they've gone the route of other games, using a compiled sound-bank generated by a middle-ware audio tool that associates sound files and envelopes with event triggers and such, like FMOD, Wwise, etc. Hopefully this will all be documented in a SDK, and addressed eventually by enterprising freeware or payware developers.

- dcc

Not I. Uninstalled it and re-installed after doing some PC housekeeping. It's a learning curve no doubt. Having a great time with MSFS 2020.

One issue .....my Beloved Dog thinks it is okay to get under the desk and lay on my Rudder Pedals to hang out with me.....8>)

Give up?!? NEVER!

I'm having too much fun learning how to get my yoke, quadrant and pedals configured and I AM enjoying flying that 152 a whole bunch. Yes there ARE bugs in this brand new thing and I am confident there ARE competent bug exterminators out there who will, given a little time, find and kill them... at least the biggest ones.

Dealing with the issues and even my needing to buy a new graphics card is still cheaper than taking up golf or drinking.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

"Measure twice, cut once, curse, add shims."

5. Default

Try something like a Thrustmaster (T Flight HOTAS 1), for example. It will automatically assign controls and is very user friendly. (my old Microsoft Sidewinder would not work at all and only crash the plane). I have a I7 9700K, Zotac NVidia 2070 Super Mini, 32 GB memory, (2) 1 TB SSDs (MicroCenter PowerSpec G434).

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CBILL737 View Post
    Try something like a Thrustmaster (T Flight HOTAS 1), for example. It will automatically assign controls and is very user friendly. (my old Microsoft Sidewinder would not work at all and only crash the plane). I have a I7 9700K, Zotac NVidia 2070 Super Mini, 32 GB memory, (2) 1 TB SSDs (MicroCenter PowerSpec G434).
    Yes, the T16000m default settings were mostly fine and easily tweaked.

7. Default

What is T16000m ?

8. Default

thrustmaster hotas. It’s mid range price. You can add pedals but the stick has a twist grip for rudders. I have used my set or a couple of years in Elite Dangerous and now this.

They should of made it more like fsx, but with the better scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    They should of made it more like fsx, but with the better scenery.
    Then you would hear that all it is, is an upgrade to FSX, and not a new program. We've been upgrading for years now so it was time for a fresh start.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast