FSX-Se not recognizing Thrustmaster Hotas x after Steam update

Hossfly68

I've been following hints and tips since 8pm last night. Went into steam settings and unchecked all, nothing, rechecked all, nothing. checked one at a time, nothing. turned off AVG, nothing, updated AVG, nothing. I'm lost. The stick works in FS2004 but only options I'm given in FSX is Mouse Yoke and Mouse Look. I just need to shoot some touch and goes for stress reduction and this problem is really adding to the stress. Any weird ideas that nobody has tried yet?

I'm flying on a Win 10 Home system with DX10 and Steve's Dx10 Fixer, GEX and UTX. No problems up until I tried to fly last night and Steam updated. I even uninstalled the update and went back to the previous version. Nothing.

Could a corrupted assigned control listing file...Try the following...

1. Go to C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls

2. Check the contents of the folder - unless you have made any backups there should only be one item, a file named Standard.XML.

You now have two options...one simple and one that requires some work but will retain all of your own changes to default key setting and possibly your HOTAS settings....

Option 1 - Rename the file to Standard.xml.BAK or Standard.BAK. Start FSX and a new file will be created setting all control listings to the FSX default Close FSX to allow the new file to be saved correctly. Connect the HOTAS and start FSX and then try to configure it.

Option 2. Make a backup copy of the Standard.xml file for. Open the file in Notepad and look at the contents. The file lists the key assignments. They are listed under specific area titles that appear as the very first entry of a specific listing to distinguish them. Normal FSX default settings areas are KEYBOARD_MAIN, KEYBOARD_SLEW, MOUSE_YOKE and MOUSE_SLEW. Any added controller will then have its details added below the last entry of preceding section and will appear something like this example:

Logitech Extreme 3D{93943310-477F-11E5-8001-444553540000}

NOTE: there will probably be several entries for the controller....

Each section has a specific START and FINISH function instruction point entry that acts as a ON OFF switches - namely and that must be present for the area (and controller) to be recognised

Either scroll down the listing to find any controller entry or use the Find option by typing the phrase

into the search field - this will then take you the END of each section listed. The next immediate entry should then be a new START function entry e.g.

Check to make sure that all section entries are correctly configured and amended if necessary...

Regards

Brian

I appreciate the try Brian, but no luck. I tried the first one and it still doesn't see the thrustmaster.

Opened up the newly created xml file and the Tmaster isn't in there. I have no idea what happened or why it isn't being seen. Kinda sad too. It's a beautiful day for a flight.

Whoa! Hold up! It's in the one that I changed to .Bak.... Gonna change the name back to xml so it'll at least be in there.

As near as I can tell, all the entries for the joystick and the ch pedals are the same as for Mouse Yoke and Mouse View entries.

Edited by Hossfly68