Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Generic autopilot for MSFS 2020

1. Default

This might be of use to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Nfn0lUcpI

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kronzky View Post
    Yeah, the config files for the premium planes are encrypted, so you can't edit them...
    (I originally wanted to get the premium packages too, but when I heard about the encryption I decided to stay with the standard version, and give my money to devs who let me tweak their planes.)

But what happens if you just pop a systems.cfg from a regular plane into the premium's plane folder? Will this overwrite the default one perhaps? (Of course, it might not be a perfect match, but it's worth a try.)
    who said that?
    Im already using a tweaked 787 MOD that made several improvements on the default just search for 787 in the github site
    All planes are editable easy, xml files edited with notepad
    Besides you dont even have to worry backing up the original files because all changes go in the Community folder leaving default files untouched
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    who said that?
    Im already using a tweaked 787 MOD that made several improvements on the default just search for 787 in the github site
    All planes are editable easy, xml files edited with notepad
    Besides you dont even have to worry backing up the original files because all changes go in the Community folder leaving default files untouched
    I've been told this by several people (e.g. this and these guys on Avsim).

What kind of mods have you done? Instruments? They're stored separately from the plane, and are not affected by encryption. Liveries? They don't need config files.
    Last edited by Kronzky; 09-17-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

yes, instruments, in fsx p3d nobody messed with .air files either

we are just in the beginning, to be able make better air files you need to know what your doing, you need a manpower that matches or beats the Asobo staff.
    Im sure if in future some PMDG or another serious developpers has better ideas for files that are encrypted MS will give them the key.
    Last edited by Kapitan; 09-17-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

We're not just talking .air files here.
    Premium planes don't have config files for aircraft, engines, flight_model, or systems.
    So, something as simple as changing your tail number or the crew (or, like in the case above, adding an autopilot) is impossible.

(Actually, the unencrypted config files are available on some darker corners of the web, but you shouldn't have to jump through those kinds of hoops, just to do some tweaks to the planes you paid for.)

6. Default

Hi stanley. I just got done trying to do that to no avail. In the 747 cockpit I tried to get the autopilot gauge to float with newuiwindow but it didn't work. So i guess only some gauges will do that. I too like flying with autopilot. I've only had fs2200 a few days, but it seems really crappy compared to fsx. I would recommend not getting it from stream, because they map some buttons on your controller to steam.

7. Default

Already gave that a whirl. No joy. I did, however find out that restarting your computer will fix the non responsive A/P in GA aircraft. Was getting the crazy port turn and dive with the 172, SR22, Diamonds and discovered that a restart of windows has so far worked to fix this annoyance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2