Saitek X52 issues

chausler49

So i installed MSFS on a new computer as my old one had no where near the needed processing requirements. I plug in the Saitek X52 which worked very well on the old system, into the new. The left side works great with throttle etc but the right side blinks blue lights on all available LEDs. I have gone into mapping but the system will not allow changes. No Joy.

To make matters worse, when I plug the controller back into the old computer, it works fine. Any ideas on resolution would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This question should have been posted in the PC Hardware Help area.

Have you updated your pc's chipset drivers and BIOS? That can have a direct impact on USB 2 devices working properly, especially when if they are plugged into USB 3 ports. On my rig, my Saitek X52 connects to a USB 2 port, along with the keyboard and mouse, not a USB 3.0 port. Sure, supposed to be backward compatible, but I keep my USB 3 ports free for external hard drives when I need to use them.

And the first troubleshooting checklist item: Is it plugged in? Your LEDs blink, but are the connector, the pins, the socket OK, not bent, clean, lined up right, and connected properly?

Dave, I guess the other problem is that I am not a tech guy. No idea how to update PC chip drivers. I do know that under controls in set up, the computer recognizes the X52 for default purposes. I did inspect the connections as you suggest and no joy. I am looking to purchase new but all of the vendors seem to be out of stock. Go figure. I thank you for your kind response. Carl

I think the stick is supposed to be plugged into it's throttle.

Whether plugged into it's throttle or directly into pc, make sure to use Usb2 port(s). Also make sure to plug into the pc directly. In the back of the pc. ( Front side ports are not ports that are directly on the mainboard. Front side Usb's are actually a hub built into the case.)

Also, make sure that "shutdown pc" is actually a full shutdown/cold boot. Win 8 and 10 by default only go to some sort of 'sleep mode' and you need a cold boot to reset things to solve errors in hardware recognition.

Make sure the issue is not caused by other controllers. Unplug those, and also unplug other Usb devices. (and reboot after.).

Sometimes other programs running in the background interfere. To make sure they don't interfere, do a "clean boot". That way only windows boots and nothing else. Then try plugging the x52 again.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]