Utility to extract ILS, VOR and NDB information?

I can't find it, but can anyone please tell me whether there is a 'map' utility (as there was in FSX) from which one could quickly get ILS, VOR and NDB frequencies? Or even an airport map, showing the location and frequencies of these navigational aids?

There is a freeware package coming which is already the best and will give you everything you can hope for - keep an eye out for the updated version of Plan-G - author is already working on a release compatible with MFS

• 1 month later...
When you plan your flight, choosing the departure and arrival airports. Once you choose ifr you can see the relevant frequencies if you click on the arrival airport marker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks but all I can see there is comm frequencies. No VOR or NDB frequencies at all. Not identified as such, anyway.

Maybe some alternative method to see VOR or NDB frequencies in-game?

Any hints welcome, thanks in advance.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I can't find it, but can anyone please tell me whether there is a 'map' utility (as there was in FSX) from which one could quickly get ILS, VOR and NDB frequencies? Or even an airport map, showing the location and frequencies of these navigational aids?

They are all there on the World Map page, but not by default. You have to press F or click on the "Open Filters" menu item along the bottom left of the screen, then scroll down the list and enable Navaids.

This setting can't be saved however, and you must enable Navaids each time you start the sim.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Plan-G already works well with MSFS using the demo version of Pete Dowson's FUIPC 7.

FSCommander for FS9 and FSX also works well, though this is payware (Well worth the cash)

Geoff

IMHO needing an external program to monitor your flight is a shame.

In addition, I wonder how much it punishes your frame rates.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

IMHO needing an external program to monitor your flight is a shame.

In addition, I wonder how much it punishes your frame rates.

1. It's not a shame. Many of us have been doing it for years.

2. None.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I had the same problem. I downloaded the latest beta version of LittleNavMap. It works perfect with FS2020. You can see all VORs, NDB, and ILS on the map and if you click on one, it gives you name and frequency... What's not to love?

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

1. It's not a shame. Many of us have been doing it for years.

2. None.

OK, I guess I'm spoiled by the ease of use of the VFR map in FSX. All was visible in-game with a single keystroke.

Good to know that external maps don't punish frame rates.

OK, I guess I'm spoiled by the ease of use of the VFR map in FSX. All was visible in-game with a single keystroke.

Good to know that external maps don't punish frame rates.

Ensure when you are looking at the world map that you have the correct filters set and you will see the frequencies that you need. As Tiger1962 says.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Ensure when you are looking at the world map that you have the correct filters set and you will see the frequencies that you need. As Tiger1962 says.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm aware of the filters, but the world map is not very useful because:

1) You can't access it while flying.

2) You can't zoom in or out at will, which is specially annoying when sometimes some name labels hide other navaid points, so you can't click on these to see the info. Clickable "+" and "-" are sorely missed in the world map.

2) You can't zoom in or out at will

You can zoom in or out using the mouse wheel - scroll forward for in, backward for out.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I must admit that i access the frequencies before starting my flight and write down all the ones that i need for the flight. Perhaps easier for me as its often just the ils frequency i need.

Everyone i guess uses the sim in different ways and require different features accordingly.

You can zoom in or out using the mouse wheel - scroll forward for in, backward for out.

1f926-2642b.png

Oops!! I stand corrected!!

I've been always prone to forget the mouse wheel, I don't know why... Thanx!! :D

I must admit that i access the frequencies before starting my flight and write down all the ones that i need for the flight. Perhaps easier for me as its often just the ils frequency i need.

Everyone i guess uses the sim in different ways and require different features accordingly.

I do the same thing, but I am (just me) a bit spoiled I guess by having it already there ingame/sim

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I have a notepad file I use for each continent or region, where I've copied and pasted all necessary airport data so I don't have to refer to any of the maps. This is of course for the airports I use on a regular basis. If there is one I don't have mid flight, I'll often refer to airnav.com, thought sometimes the frequencies won't be the same.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I must admit that i access the frequencies before starting my flight and write down all the ones that i need for the flight.

Yeah, I've had to do the same many times, but if you can look for nearby navaids frequency on a map as you fly it's much better, specially if you fly without a plan, as I often do.

Bow.png

Wise words, hat off to you.