CH Products Yoke not working with MSFS 2020

I'm about at the end of my rope here. I've got the basic CH Products Yoke and Pro Pedals. I have them plugged in and MSFS2020 started. The program recognizes the Yoke, but doesn't see the pedals at all. With the Yoke, I've mapped everything according to the instructions I've found. When I try and fly, everything is either on or off, there is no granularity. By this I mean, if I turn the yoke to the right, the program things I have turned the yoke ALL THE WAY to the right. If I turn it a little left, the program goes all the way to the left. Pull the yoke back just a bit, I'm flying into the sun. Push it a little forward, and I'm augering in.. I've played with sensitivity both up and down, etc. Nothing seems to work correctly. Has anyone got this to work correctly? And if so, how did you do it?

When I mapped the yoke, I clicked in the mapping box, searched for an input, and turned the yoke in the proper direction for "Roll" left or right. I didn't see a separate one for ailerons.

Thanks!

Teejeaux

I'm about at the end of my rope here. I've got the basic CH Products Yoke and Pro Pedals. I have them plugged in and MSFS2020 started. The program recognizes the Yoke, but doesn't see the pedals at all. With the Yoke, I've mapped everything according to the instructions I've found. When I try and fly, everything is either on or off, there is no granularity. By this I mean, if I turn the yoke to the right, the program things I have turned the yoke ALL THE WAY to the right. If I turn it a little left, the program goes all the way to the left. Pull the yoke back just a bit, I'm flying into the sun. Push it a little forward, and I'm augering in.. I've played with sensitivity both up and down, etc. Nothing seems to work correctly. Has anyone got this to work correctly? And if so, how did you do it?

When I mapped the yoke, I clicked in the mapping box, searched for an input, and turned the yoke in the proper direction for "Roll" left or right. I didn't see a separate one for ailerons.

Thanks!

Teejeaux

If the PC can see the peddles (check joystick calibration in Windows) then the Sim can - you just need to map the axis' on the peddles manually. Ironically, I'm using a Microsoft Flight Stick from 2002 (actually made by Microsoft FOR Flight Simulator) and MFS was like 'yeah i don't know what that is' LOL

I have the CH yoke and pedals and both work and adjust with FS2020 fine. It is a pain to setup because everything has to be mapped separately. In the Control windows with 'ALL' selected you get the full list of items that can be mapped. The two boxes are primary 'key' in the left and alternate in the right. As far as I can tell internal and external views are s\look at separate so can use the same setting. Haven't mapped Drones yet.

D

Watch This Video!

Tutorial #2 - Peripheral Control Setup - Microsoft Flight Simulator

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

I have the same setup and they work perfectly. I did have the same problem you describe but it was a very easy, but not so obvious fix.

The Aileron Axis should be set to Joystick L - Axis X

The Rudder Axis should be set to Joystick L - Axis Y

Do NO use the Aileron Left (Roll Left) or Right

Another important feature of setting up all your controls is that the SAME button/function (e.g. the POV Hat switch) and can be assigned to multiple camera functions (e.g. look left in Cockpit and External) - you get a warning message but if you ignore it everything works fine

i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

My Problems began when I used the Profile Manager:

I have the CH Yoke & Power Pedals. Both quite old from the FSX days. From Day 1 of FS2020 they both worked and were configurable. Now...since I attempted to create a new profile for the Yoke Ive completely broken the connections. When I created a 2nd profile for the yoke the software failed to recognize my mouse profile at all. I exited and restarted...Ive regained use of my mouse input to the sim but it no longer recognizes my Yoke OR Pedals. I feel like Ive tried everything...Rebooted PC, Unplugged both devices...plugged in BEFORE launching FlightSim, AFTER Launching..etc.. The software will simply NOT recognize my Yoke or pedals anymore. Windows still recognizes them...but the sim sw, no. Im very regretful for trying to tweak my profiles... :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problems with CH Products Yoke and Pro Pedals. Regardless of how the keys are mapped, non of the axis has any granularity. I used to enjoy this product with older versions of Microsoft Flight Simulators and have no clue why I can't get going. I am currently using an X-Box controller to get around this problem. Is there any trick that anyone knows greatly appreciated?

Thanks - Orange66

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...