MD80 For MSFS? Is anyone working on one?

Just curious if anyone knows if/when there will be an MD-80/90 released for FS2020, and which Dev is working on it.

Thanks!

I don't know but I suspect that it may be a while (if ever) for a payware package to come out. I don't think they sold particularly well in the past. I can bank on at least two or three freeware/donationware jobs though - at sometimes that's enough.

Thanks. That was one of the first places I checked. Yes, hopefully the current Payware aircraft can be modified, without too much pain. It would just be nice to have an airliner that isn't as dauntingly complicated as what is provided, stock.

Actually, the Maddog isn't particularly straightforward. It's definitely it's own 'flavour' of systems and controls.

As far as what has been provided in airliners, they all seem to have a mind of their own (not in a good way) so you shouldn't take the stock aircraft as the best example of what it will be to fly them in MFS. PMDG and others will bring better models to the table soon.

I did see somewhere that fly the Maddog is working on one for 2020. As for the stock airliners behavior, There are a series of videos on Youtube from an actual a320 pilot that says the stock 320 is quite good. Maybe the previous airliners were so dumbed down that we just think that the new ones suck lol.

I am hoping somebody does a 737-400 and 737-500 (large and small version of the same technology). Although most will want the 400, I would really use the 500, as I mostly use the small regional airports. Both would provide more traditional flight controls.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU