The disc sets aren't available in North America right now, only Europe and Australia. This leaves Steam as the only non-Microsoft place to buy it. However, you are still going to need a Microsoft account when running the sim.

I don't see the point of a Steam purchase. I did that myself, but all you get is a loading programme that fetches the files from microsoft, for which you need an account. The installation even ignores the Steam default path.

Ive seen discs at Amazon europe, though that won't help you, Jim, seeing as you're in Canada.

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

I don't see the point of a Steam purchase. I did that myself, but all you get is a loading programme that fetches the files from microsoft, for which you need an account. The installation even ignores the Steam default path.

Ive seen discs at Amazon europe, though that won't help you, Jim, seeing as you're in Canada.

In my case, buying it on steam came out to be cheaper than buying it directly from Microsoft (by ~10-20%). And I prefer digital downloads because I don't like lugging discs around that could be broken, corrupted, or lost, but that's just my preference *shrug*

Apparently the disc version needs #1 DVD in the drive as copy protection when you play.

Eventually it will wear out - happened to me with GTA San Andreas and I had to buy the game again, luckily by that time at discount price.

Better to buy form Steam or the MS Store direct.

Vern.

Apparently the disc version needs #1 DVD in the drive as copy protection when you play.

Eventually it will wear out - happened to me with GTA San Andreas and I had to buy the game again, luckily by that time at discount price.

Better to buy form Steam or the MS Store direct.

Hi I found a workaround for this if its a problem for some ppl if you make an ISO Disk Image of disk 1 and mount it to the virtual drive that created you dont need a disk in the drive all the time.

I attempted to order a Premium Deluxe disc set to the USA. Was suppose to ship Aug 21, 2020. 10 days later still not shipped, then saw in the Aerosoft Forums some people were having issues with the DVD's failing to read files during installation causing errors. Aerosoft said they would replace any defective disks, but who wants to ship defective disks back and fourth to Germany? Got a refund today and going to wait untill all the download/install drama is over.

Now trying to decide to go with Steam or Microsoft.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro