Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering FS9 to be dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher12 View Post
    Keep the noise down please. I'm busy flying and giggling over the MSFS threads while at cruise. lol
    The "Jim Robinson's" ones are always a good chuckle aren't they? LMFAO

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by grau View Post
    The "Jim Robinson's" ones are always a good chuckle aren't they? LMFAO
    Haha, he's ok. I welcome anyone who wants to come to this forum and trash FS9. That's fine, it's their opinion and I don't mind reading their comments. I'm so happy with FS9 no one can say anything that bothers me. Unfortunately when you counter their arguments, which I feel we FS9 users always have a counter, they tend to get really angry! I think when you can discuss any sim, say good and bad things and not get angry is when you know you are using a sim you are totally content with.

The FS9 forum imo is the happiest forum at Flightsim.com and for this to be the case, there can be only one reason...people totally enjoy what they have.
    Mark Daniels

3. Default

Meanwhile over in the MSFS world I see the latest development is even the ATC window is broken now and won't open.. lol
    Mark Daniels

Meanwhile over in the MSFS world I see the latest development is even the ATC window is broken now and won't open.. lol
    What a shame you see other people's issues as amusing.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...-Sim-Community

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
    What a shame you see other people's issues as amusing.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...-Sim-Community
    I had many, many members tell me how stupid my opinions were on the all encompassing be all and end all of flight sims that was coming. Told how negative I was and completely wrong I would be. Told to not post on certain forums as my comments were ridiculous.

I was literally banished from AVSIM because of my opinions.

Thinking back to every post I have ever made on MSFS, I don't think I have got a single thing wrong and I made some detailed posts! lol

Sorry, no sympathy for those who slammed me and every comment I ever made.

Even after release I've been slammed every time I post in the MSFS forum.

The game is an absolute disaster. Heck, people are having discussions to try and find ONE functioning aircraft to fly! What else needs to be said???
    Mark Daniels

6. Default

Feel free to banish me here too. I'm not a sheep and I'm not stupid. If I can't speak my mind I'm happy to not speak at all.

Edit:
    I just saw the link you put up. I think it's the second time you've sent it in my direction. The article is BS imo. I briefly once touched on what the problem is with the flight sim community with you in a PM. It's the reason you don't see a bunch of new 20 something year olds entering the flight sim community here after MSFS release.
    Last edited by Skywatcher12; 10-30-2020 at 09:33 AM.
    Mark Daniels

...The FS9 forum imo is the happiest forum at Flightsim.com and for this to be the case, there can be only one reason...people totally enjoy what they have...
    So true Mark!

Btw. The FS9 forum is the only forum I read!

Dedl

Feel free to banish me here too. I'm not a sheep and I'm not stupid. If I can't speak my mind I'm happy to not speak at all.
    I'm not saying that Mark, but it's a real shame people just can't enjoy what they have without the need to put others down. For one, it makes for a toxic atmosphere and secondly, puts a lot of people off contributing to the forums (read the comments on the community article I published).

You enjoy FS2004, that's great, I use it too (Glacier Bay and VOZ being my all time favourites), but I also dabble in FS2020 and my main sim, X-Plane. I enjoy them all, but that's not to say that one is better than the other, they just excel in different areas.

Also, it's not about banishing people...it's about having an understanding of what the hobby is about - it's about simulated flight and the enjoyment we all get from it.

Since becoming the editor of FlightSim.com seven years ago, I have interviewed a great many developers (mostly freeware), and the one thing which many of them mentioned, was the hope/desire that the community could be more supportive of each other.

Many of those interviewed are no longer developing for the hobby, and for a few, I can tell you first hand, that it's down to the reasons above.

At the end of the day, the hobby is what we all make it - it can either be a place where people go on and on about which sim is better, with threads being removed because of rudeness etc, or it can be one where we enjoy what we have, with the understanding that there are different sims for different people, and support each other in our wonderful and shared hobby. I for one choose the latter :-)

Dominic

Well said.
    We have had far too many developers leave us, because of the stated reasons, including a payware developer who was actually trying to put together something quite evolutionary, for free, for FS2004.

As a well-known young lady once said.. 'Shame on you!'
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Well said.
    We have had far too many developers leave us, because of the stated reasons, including a payware developer who was actually trying to put together something quite evolutionary, for free, for FS2004.

As a well-known young lady once said.. 'Shame on you!'

I hate to break it to ya, but I doubt that was ever going to happen. If the screenshots he posted were ‘evolutionary’, he had a lot of work to do...

But it works the other way, Dominic. FS9’s have been ridiculed for a loooong time for their choice to stay put. Accused of ‘holding back development’ and ‘progress’ because of staying with FS9.

Usually mods in most flight sim forums sided with the new sims and simmers despite the many drawbacks and failures of the ‘new’ sims.

No, I didn’t hold back development. MS and LM have for not getting the **** together producing problematic and poor performing sims.

I apply the 9.1 patch and the 4gb patch and I’m done....for life. I can’t imagine waiting 2-3 months for the next hot fix or update to fix issues. And that’s just after a new version comes out. Yeah, I’m missing out. And holding back development.

Not.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast