Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering FS9 to be dead?

Quote Originally Posted by caphavoc View Post
    Not any longer ... now getting a "403 Forbidden Don't have permission to access this resource" code. Which is a shame.
    And for me.
    Mmmmm, what browser are you using? I'm using Windows 10's Edge (latest).
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Waterfox Classic (2020.09)

Had to use IE v.11 to get it to download anything (and we all know that iteration ain't gonna be around much longer).
    Last edited by caphavoc; 10-23-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Odd indeed, I've never had any issues, & I've downloaded stuff within the last day or so, on 2 different PC's.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

4. Default

Works here, Firefox
    Mark Daniels

FS9 will be around for quite some time. Stable no nonsense Flight Sim. Boatloads of quality add-ons of all types.
    FS9 runs just fine on my 4 gen I7 laptop. Now if I could find a foldaway joystick it would be great for traveling.

6. Default

Hi, I bought a new machine basically to run MSFS. Now I've been flying and getting to know MSFS for some weeks, and I thinks it's ok, but all of a sudden I found myself missing FS9 (and by no means FSX) because of the bunch of nice add-ons I have for it, specially those related to the Golden Age of Aviation.

AFAIK there is nothing for MSFS regarding that Age yet, and I assume it will take quite a long time, if ever.

For that reason, I'm considering reinstalling FS9, which I know can work fine under Windows 10. My only concern is: can FS9 coexist on the same machine (and same HD) with MSFS without problems?

Any hint welcome. Thanks in advance.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by danbiosca View Post
    can FS9 coexist on the same machine (and same HD) with MSFS without problems
    Yes.
    Mark Daniels

I have 8 different installs of FS9, all running separately, obviously not at the same time, without any interference. As it is a different program, of course it will. One is made by Microsoft, the other made by Asobo.
    Just like Office does not affect Adobe Reader.

They are totally different, in fact you can have installs of FS2004, FSX, P3D, MSFS, without issues.
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 10-24-2020 at 07:07 AM.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by caphavoc View Post
    Not any longer ... now getting a "403 Forbidden Don't have permission to access this resource" code. Which is a shame.
    Next time verify your browser's sanity by going here: https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

If you're interested in niche browsers, check out Pale Moon. It's what I've been using for at least five years now, though, it can be problematic with some things largely due to its funky useragent. To help remedy this I use an add-on called UAControl and make it look like I'm always using the latest version of Firefox. The other issue is that Google blatantly discriminates all browsers except the big three so solving Recaptcha is an utter b%^! That can be remedied by staying logged into your Google account, but for me, I never, EVER stay logged into anything, clear cache and cookies on exit and use Sandboxie. So if I have to fill out a form that uses BS Recaptcha, I keep a plain vanilla Firefox install.

You may also be interested in Ungoogled Chromium. But the moment you add an extension it's game over. Unless of course you know how to use Webextension code and can craft your own extensions. https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium#downloads

I tried it once and monitored my NIC for any Google crap and nothing showed up. So yes, it's stripped of anything calling home to Mountain View...
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

10. Default

Now to the title's topic question. If FS9 is dead, then are classic ROMS dead like N64's Goldeneye, Perfect Dark or even Mario one through three, Mario World and Lost Levels? I don't think so...
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast