Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator - New Ideas - New Beginnings

Blog Entries

Default Article: Microsoft Flight Simulator - New Ideas - New Beginnings

You have been too gaa, gaa, goo, goo in my opinion. There are plenty of issues to be sorted out. Certainly this is a new platform with plenty of great visuals but lacking in plenty of areas as been discussed in videos and forums.

Too generous a review in my view.

not one word mentioned about AI !!!

sit down you did not pass the class ...

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

Quote Originally Posted by btwallis View Post
    You have been too gaa, gaa, goo, goo in my opinion. There are plenty of issues to be sorted out. Certainly this is a new platform with plenty of great visuals but lacking in plenty of areas as been discussed in videos and forums.

Too generous a review in my view.
    The author very clearly states on page three:

"This is not a review, but I think it's clear to see that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, in my opinion, is a major step forward in the next generation of flight simulation."

This is what is called an op-ed. If you're unfamiliar with that term, please see the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-ed

Nels and I are always looking for volunteer writers, so if you would like to contribute, please feel free to contact us.

Regards

Dominic
    Last edited by DominicS; 08-29-2020 at 04:27 AM.

I guess the previous posters failed to read the title of your article Dominic, LOL! I thought your "op-ed" was very good, so I would just ignore them. I decided to write this only because I DID understand your article here and I thought it interesting, as you nailed it on the head, about the possibilities of this new Flight Sim, especially considering it is just the beginning. I personally haven't installed MSFS 2020 yet, but I will shortly. I have been using FS since the early 1980s, like you, and I am a real world pilot (I got my initial PPL on March 17, 1967), and for the last few years I have been using FSX and enjoying it thoroughly. I have installed almost every available add-on (North America) from ORBX and have installed numerous GA aircraft from Carenado. Though over the last few months, I have probably spent more time watching "YouTube" displays of MSFS 2020, than I have of actually flying in FSX, hehehe! There was a time I actually did reviews (for another website), of addon software for various versions of Flight Simulator (MS), and generally I got good reactions, but you're always going to have some nay-sayers, so I learned to ignore them, hehe! By doing and posting actual "reviews", this incentivized me to write actual books, on aviation history, and I have two of my books in the library at the National Air & Space Museum, and those same two books are also in the library (US National Park Service) at the Wright Brothers Memorial National Park at Kitty Hawk. I have also received commendations and awards for those same two books. Considering this, I can tell the difference between an Op-Ed and a Review, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
    The author very clearly states on page three:

"This is not a review, but I think it's clear to see that Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, in my opinion, is a major step forward in the next generation of flight simulation."

This is what is called an op-ed. If you're unfamiliar with that term, please see the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Op-ed

Nels and I are always looking for volunteer writers, so if you would like to contribute, please feel free to contact us.

Regards

Dominic

Yes of course what would a 70 year old know about op-ed, being so young and uninformed and uneducated. Perhaps one might think, your comment is a little self righteous. If you're unfamiliar with that term look it up. I could care less about the label....the review was incomplete in my view and there are plenty more issues than the one mentioned; I had expected more, plain a simple.

Very informative. Exciting times ahead for sure.

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts MrYorkiesWorld.

W33

Having been simming since the mid-90s and gone thro' each generation up to P3D 4.5, and -- while there's clearly still much to be fixed, included -- I entirely agree with the author: with their new sim MS, Asobo, Meteo, etc. have knocked the ball right out of the park.

Gaga where it's due ... !

The visuals are indeed a sight to behold. And that's coming from an instructor with thirty years experience, including twenty working in full motion Level "C" and Level "D" flight simulators. While a long way from perfect (and what new release is ever perfect?), the folks at Asobo hit a grand slam with the initial release. In addition to the camera system cited in the article, the most severe criticism I would level is that the developers need to get a copy of the Pilot/Controller Glossary and overhaul the simulator's entire ATC system. With graphics settings appropriate to my equipment (which meets the "Recommended" specs) it runs smoothly and reliably. I've only experienced one crash to date. Overall, as good an experience as you can ask for from an initial release.

Excellent! I appreciate you in depth information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast