Does anyone know how this works?

be careful

This listing is for access to a shared Steam account in order to install and activate the game on one PC

The game is region-free; you can play it in any country

You can't change the account's email/password or any other details

The Steam & Origin clients must be in offline mode when playing the game

This is not a CD Key, Game Code or physical delivery; you will only receive login details and instructions through ebay messaging system

You won't be able to link the game to your existing Steam account, if you already have one

If you are unsure about what you're buying or if you have any questions, please ask

Before buying please make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements below

dgy

That is what you get and it sounds dodgy to me .

regards

Andrew

You get the full sim on the discs, so no need to download, but it will still need to be attached to your MS account. However, once it is installed, it is essentially the same as getting it from the MS Store or Steam. The one big difference is that you are required to keep the first disc in the drive when running the sim (though there appear to be workarounds). One plus to the box set is that it does include a printed manual.

By default the disc version sim will be expecting to be online to validate, as far as I understand it. As with the online versions, you can put the sim into offline mode in order to run without an internet connection. This does need to be done before disconnecting though. When offline you will only have access to the base level scenery included, similar to what FSX used but in higher detail, or any areas you have previously cached.

Something to keep in mind is that updates will still be acquired online, and these could be the same size as the sim, depending on how much is updated.

Edit: Looks like I didn't read the full listing either as thought it was for the boxed set. Definitely be wary of a shared Steam account. It would be very susceptible to being cut off for violating terms of service.

Edited by loki

Hi everyone.

Yes, I read the whole thing, it's clear as mud to me. I never use them bloody accounts.

Is that even legal?

I assume there must be an account?

Who has control of the account?

What my goal is:

1-To get the game without having to have an MS account. Can that be done?

2-After I get it i know I can set a cache with the area I want but if I want something else at some point in time is there a way to get it without having an account with MS?

Ideally I would like DVDs download what I need / want scenery wise, I have the hardware I need to do that, and I know the areas I want, and not have to deal with all this continuous online carp.

Hi everyone.

Yes, I read the whole thing, it's clear as mud to me. I never use them bloody accounts.

Is that even legal?

I assume there must be an account?

Who has control of the account?

What my goal is:

2-After I get it i know I can set a cache with the area I want but if I want something else at some point in time is there a way to get it without having an account with MS?

Ideally I would like DVDs download what I need / want scenery wise, I have the hardware I need to do that, and I know the areas I want, and not have to deal with all this continuous online carp.

It is legal to buy but illegal to sell.

The account used will already exist. You have no choice in the matter

You will most likely need a MS Account

You can set the cache to what ever drive you want, I THINK. I know you can install the sim on whatever drive you want, not sure on the cache.

Hi everyone.

This is not a legitimate way to get access and is almost certainly violating Steam's terms of use. As such, you are likely to lose access at some point.

As far as avoiding a MS account goes, all legitimate methods of acquiring and running the sim require a Microsoft account. It may be possible to get away with a dummy account with very little information in it (pretty sure there are a few Mark Twain accounts floating around...). After you have the sim installed, you can read my post above regarding running offline.

For better or worse, the modern world of commercial software is moving towards being connected online, whether it games or professional (like Adobe).

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, it does sound fishy.

Is it legal? From what I've read to date, it may be. I know nothing about these stupid Steams, Inet games, but it would appear that some people can buy unlimited accounts, and the can lease / rent to others but I am not sure how much flexibility they have. It may be that there is limit on their data etc.

It's hard to get any direct answers from them but I would think PPal and eBay would stop them it it was illegal.

All this hassle because some dodo bird decided they will not issue DVD in USA and their ridiculous distribution procedure.

I'd liketo find who he / she is and have his / her mama kick the in the beeehind. Or better yet just fire that rascal

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your responses.

Yes, it does sound fishy.

Is it legal? From what I've read to date, it may be. I know nothing about these stupid Steams, Inet games, but it would appear that some people can buy unlimited accounts, and the can lease / rent to others but I am not sure how much flexibility they have. It may be that there is limit on their data etc.

It's hard to get any direct answers from them but I would think PPal and eBay would stop them it it was illegal.

All this hassle because some dodo bird decided they will not issue DVD in USA and their ridiculous distribution procedure.

I'd liketo find who he / she is and have his / her mama kick the in the beeehind. Or better yet just fire that rascal

Whoever has put this up is abusing Steam's terms of use, and if/when discovered, will likely result in the account being banned. Steam does have functionality for sharing games with their Family Sharing feature, but this isn't meant to be used to sell access to random people on the internet.

Regarding eBay and PayPal, they have no way of validating each and every auction or transaction, so you can't rely on this as validation. As has been said, this is very shady, and stands a good chance of being shut down at some point.

Like it or not, running MSFS requires an MS account, plus a Steam account too if you acquire it that way, and there aren't any legitimate ways around this.

All you have to look at is how many feedback scores he has to see this is a fly-by-night scam seller.

Why eBay permits this is beyond me, other then to make money on the scammers.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Why eBay permits this is beyond me, other then to make money on the scammers.

Pretty sure they don't, but there are so many auctions being started all the time that they can't catch them all. This seller will be hoping to sell as much as possible before being shut down.

• 3 weeks later...
In your title of thread you should tell people what you're talking about!

I couldn’t agree more. It’s like when people post the subject as “flight simulator” or similar.

We all know that.. you’re on a flight simulator forum! or people posting “help please” in a help forum. People should always be specific with their titles

Anyway, that’s my rant over :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles