How to re-install MSFS 2020

I have too many problems and would like to re-install the game but can't find a way in the files nor in MS Store,

Thank you.

Go to Apps and Features in Win10.

Scroll down to MSFS

Left mouse click and choose Uninstall.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

If you uninstall it your MS account should know that you need to re-install it. To uninstall in Windows 10 see previous reply or hit the Windows key or click the [start] button, then in the list of apps scroll to find the "Microsoft Flight Simulator" icon under either "Recently Added or "M", right click the icon and choose "Uninstall" Edited by tones777

I don't know. You could try a "Repair". In Windows 10 hit the Windows key or click the [start] button, then in the list of apps scroll to find the "Microsoft Flight Simulator" icon under either "Recently Added" or "M", right click the icon and then click on "More" then on "App Settings" to find "Repair" and "Reset" options.

• 1 month later...

Does it need activating again though? Maybe MS will know you have a valid copy & it won’t need it?

It would seem odd that you can install the download many times but only the disc version once

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have had to uninstall the disk version only to find on reloading it that the activation key cannot be used again.

As Msfs is an app The key/code is assigned and saved in your MS account so it may just ask for it again but you can definitely use it again not sure where or when it asks for it not done it.

They had to make it like this for people getting new pc's it would not have made sense to do otherwise and is a bit confusing that it says the code is a one time use.

Andrew

• 5 months later...
After about 3 months of use my copy of MSFS 2020 stopped running. The icon on the task bar disappeared. Under AllApps the MSFS was grayed out. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. The moment the installation was complete it asked for my code. Immediately after I entered it, the program stopped running. I still have the grayed out icon on the task bar but no running program.

After about 3 months of use my copy of MSFS 2020 stopped running. The icon on the task bar disappeared. Under AllApps the MSFS was grayed out. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. The moment the installation was complete it asked for my code. Immediately after I entered it, the program stopped running. I still have the grayed out icon on the task bar but no running program.

Did you buy the sim from MS Store, Steam or some other source?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

• 4 weeks later...

Y

I had MSFS 2020 installed but had to format my hard disk for other reasons.

How can I re-install it? My Microsoft order history just says completed!

You need launch the MS Store and you should see the available downloads. Press the Windows key and type “store” and it should come up. At the top right of the store you should see “downloads” (or available downloads.. something like that anyway)

You need to download the standard edition and also digital ownership. You launch the sim & after asking where you want to install it, it will download the main part (110gb+) it may take a while.

When it’s eventually done, you go into the content manager within the sim & download any additional stuff (like the deluxe or premium deluxe parts, should you have bought them)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta