Update Available - But Doesn't Appear to be Installing

Hello everyone,

I noticed in MSFS' Marketplace there is a Core Content update. It says to re-launch the application, which I have done several times, but it doesn't appear to be installing.

The option to check it for installation is disabled as well. Am I missing something? How do I get the update to install.

Thank you for any assistance!

I'm not a software engineer, nor do I play one on TV, but I think the unselectable core content update is what is the name of everything that's listed below it. It's the summary name of all those packages. It was there on the first day that the install was completed, at least for me.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I also have this update message in the market place but msfs20 as stopped looking when it says checking for updates the icon or whatever doesnt move i dont know if this is an update in the marketplace or not because the relaunch game message wasn't there when i first installed i have the physical copy premium deluxe i have put a ticket in anyway they might be able to throw some light on the matter.

I do not see the update message in Marketplace, it is in Profile/Content Manager. It indicates a 79gig Update is available and the message Relaunch the game to update, but nothing happens on re-launch. I even did a system reboot then re-launch. This is a sad distribution of a product.

In my Content Manager the update select box is still greyed out but the status has changed to "Reload the sim to update".

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

does it say "Core Content Mandatory Packages"? 79.8gb? That's the Update that happened during the install.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

I have seen a rumour that the update will be 80Gb, in which case Asobo/MS are pretty much re-releasing the whole of the core game. :eek:

I'm downloading the update and I'm on my 2nd day and I'm at 25GB of 91GB.

1.5 days downloading the installation files, probably another couples of days downloading the update.

:(

does it say "Core Content Mandatory Packages"? 79.8gb? That's the Update that happened during the install.

Yes. I suspect that's already installed, and is greyed out because it's essential.

But what's with that content manager anyway? If I select any of those other components, I don't see any menu of actions to perform on it. None.

FS 2020 deluxe; SDK to match; Win10 Pro x64; i7/8700K(3.4 GHz); 16G DDR4, 3200; Gtx 1080; M.2, 1TB; Saitek X52; 23" LCD, native res=1920x1080

I have seen a rumour that the update will be 80Gb, in which case Asobo/MS are pretty much re-releasing the whole of the core game. :eek:

thanks for heads up it will save me keep relaunching the sim lol Im new yo this and its hard to keep up so we will see what tomorrow brings not problems i hope lol

Regards

Andrew

Yes. I suspect that's already installed, and is greyed out because it's essential.

But what's with that content manager anyway? If I select any of those other components, I don't see any menu of actions to perform on it. None.

The 100 listed packages are separate so that if they only need to update one of the packages, they don't have to give you a 78gb full core component package. They can update only the package that needs updating.

I see nothing in Market Place nor in Content Manager about updates. I have a Steam download version and I did get the message "checking for updates" when I started but nothing downloaded as far as I can tell

Just now Aug 26 16:15 EDT

Just restarted Flight Sim and went into Content Manager and see that CORE CONTENT does have an update and I need to "RELAUNCH THE GAME TO UPDATE"

I guess that means quit to the desktop and try again - so here goes

16:23 EDT - Quit to Desktop and Restarted the Sim and saw the message "checking for updates". My resource monitor showed very little network data moving during or after the checking for updates

I still see the RELAUNCH message for CORE CONTENT

Edited by tacomasailor
i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2

The 100 listed packages are separate so that if they only need to update one of the packages, they don't have to give you a 78gb full core component package. They can update only the package that needs updating.
Thx, yes, I now see that if I SELECT a module, option buttons appear.
FS 2020 deluxe; SDK to match; Win10 Pro x64; i7/8700K(3.4 GHz); 16G DDR4, 3200; Gtx 1080; M.2, 1TB; Saitek X52; 23" LCD, native res=1920x1080

Guys, didnt you read other posts on this subject

The update will be available tomorrow.

And note that files like this (prepared to updated but still greyed out) will happen often since updates are always released on Thursdays as Asobo MS have said

So just wait

just wait

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Guys, didnt you read other posts on this subject

The update will be available tomorrow.

And note that files like this (prepared to updated but still greyed out) will happen often since updates are always released on Thursdays as Asobo MS have said

So just wait

just wait

Actually, if you read their last development update, it only says the patch release date will be provided tomorrow, not necessarily the patch itself.

EXPERIENCING TURBULENCE?

The team is currently working hard to provide a patch update to address issues that have been recently reported. Expect a release date for the patch in our August 27th update.

It would be good if we do get the first patch tomorrow though.

• 1 month later...
Same here...
MY FLIGHTSIM RIG: iBuyPower BB953 Gaming Desktop | i7-8700K 3.7GHz | 32GB RAM | 5TB SSD | NVIDIA RTX 2080 8GB | Win10 64-bit | Asus 27'' 165Hz Gaming Monitor | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T16000M FCS Flight Pack (stick, throttle, pedals) | X-Plane 11.50 | MSFS | Condor 2 :pilot:

• 4 weeks later...
Today I have been trying to get the update and nothing is working. The SIM start to load , I press any key to start and then I get the message mandatory update available and when I click OK it takes me to the MS store. The I go to the upper right and click the dots next to the play button and hit update. Then nothing at all happens. Now I can not even get the sim going.

Close the sim. Go to Store / Gaming

Click on the "..." field at the top right; select "Downloads and updates"

From your game list: Select "MSFS 2020" by clicking on that field, highlighting it. Then click update.

The download is about 1 GB. When you open the sim it will be ready to download and install the 7.52 GB patch. Ignore the "Connection lost" message that may pop up. Don't click OK.