P3dv5 - 'The operating system is not configured to run this application'

Bobp

I'm guessing a corrupt install. It's usually related to Microsoft Office. Try a repair install of P3D and then run as admin.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

There is no mention as to which OS the OP has.

If it is Windows 7, then the OP will need to get with the program and upgrade to Windows 10.

And, no matter whether the OP has Windows 10 already or will upgrade to it, he needs to run Windows Update, and under Advanced options in Update the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" needs to be set to On. The updates need to be run so long that:

1. There are no more updates to get, and

2. The version of Windows 10 is v. 2004

On top of that, we do not know the OP's system specs either - we do not know if the system satisfies the system requirements, found here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

If the system satisfies the minimum requirements, then the graphic card drivers need to be up to the latest level also.

Jorgen

If it is Windows 7, then the OP will need to get with the program and upgrade to Windows 10.

So you're saying that P3D V4/5 won't run on Windows 7 or the early versions of Windows 10? I find that surprising.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I should perhaps expand a little on my last post.

As some of you may know, I support P3D on the L-M forums as a volunteer.

One error that plagued us on these forums for a long time was the infamous "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" error. This tended mainly to happen with AMD graphics cards, but certainly also did happen with nVidia cards.

As the honored reader may know, the "DXGI" points to DirectX, and in P3D v. 5 that would be DX12.

To make a long story somewhat shorter, the fix for that error was:

1. Windows 10 v. 2004

2. The latest AMD or nVidia drivers, and

3. P3D HF2.

Jorgen