How can I change FS cache location?

Hi, today it's my first time that I try the game and it is pretty amazing and runs smoothly on my machine but the problems comes to memory. When I play suddenly my ssd gets full and doing so my game crashes. I personally think that this is caused due to some caching system. My question is, how can I these files on another driver so the game doesn't eat my ssd memory?

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having problems. How big is your SSD?

You can change the location of your rolling cache, but do you have that switched on anyway?

Go into the options menu... general.. data...

Scroll down & you’ll see the rolling cache options. You’ll be able to see if it’s on/off

If it’s on, you can change the location by clicking the path. You can also change the size of it.

Not sure this will help though as I doubt rolling cache will be on & it sounds like you’re gonna need a bigger drive

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi, sorry to hear you’re having problems. How big is your SSD?

You can change the location of your rolling cache, but do you have that switched on anyway?

Go into the options menu... general.. data...

Scroll down & you’ll see the rolling cache options. You’ll be able to see if it’s on/off

If it’s on, you can change the location by clicking the path. You can also change the size of it.

Not sure this will help though as I doubt rolling cache will be on & it sounds like you’re gonna need a bigger drive

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, my ssd is about 150gb and i use it to keep windows there. I tried the rolling cache but unfortunatelly doesn't make a difference :(

I think I've found the answer to my problem, the cache data is stored on the rolling file wich by default is located at %APPDATA%\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ on Windows. The deletion of the file and the re-creation inside Flight Simulator in my choosen path works out. I've imagined that because I had 2 rolling cache files (the default at %appdata% and the other in my custom path) the game by default gets the one pre-defined if multiple cache files are found.