"Braniff International Airways, The Texan Giant, 1948 to 1982" Book.

coronado990

Hi everybody,

I'm a new author, and have written the history of the colorful, and flamboyant Braniff International Airways. Prior to the writing of the book I had uploaded around 400 repaints on Flightsim. I used the nickname of "Ted Giana" here. My actual name is Theodore Gianna.

I got the approval of Nels Anderson to promote my book in the Flightsim forums. I am very grateful, and would like to thank Nels for his support.

This is my blurb for the book:

"Braniff International Airways revolutionized the civil aviation industry in the 1960s with its colorful and enigmatic President, Harding Lawrence. It went from an airline which was not dissimilar from other U.S. airlines, to an airline that infused color and soul into its image, and its passengers. This is the story of that airline. From the founders Paul and Thomas Braniff, to the bright airliner colors, unforgettable advertising campaigns, pizzazz, and High Couture air hostess uniforms, Braniff was unmatchable. This was an airline that Texans were proud of – Braniff International Airways, The Texan Giant."

One important thing I would like to point out is that the book was vetted, and approved by the President of the Braniff Airways Foundation, Mr. Ben Cass. This snippet from the foundation's website can give you an idea of what they stand for: "The Braniff Airways Foundation is currently spearheading the effort to preserve the history of Braniff Airways, Inc., through collecting, preserving, promoting, and protecting the carrier's legacy."

To be able to get that approval of my book from the President of Braniff Airways Foundation, Mr. Ben Cass, is for me, a monumental achievement.

For anyone interested, here it the Braniff Airways Foundation's website:

http://www.braniffairwaysfoundation.org/

The book is divided into the following 4 parts:

1)The history of Braniff International Airways, 1928 to 1982.

2)Over 60 color photos of every airliner used by Braniff International from 1948 to 1982.

3)Images of Braniff’s timetables, from 1931 to 1982.

4)A full data list of all Braniff International aircraft operatated from 1948 to 1982.

To purchase the book, click the link below. It will send you to the Amazon page that my book is on.

Link to Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GCSZM6F/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B08GCSZM6F&linkCode=as2&tag=flightsimcom&linkId=454fcbafce5d098b10fca1618c262801

Here are some photos from the book to give you an idea of what's inside:

01-Cover.jpg

02-History-part.jpg

03-DC-3.jpg

04-L-188-photos.jpg

05-707.jpg

06-DC-8.jpg

07-Timetables.jpg

08-Fleet.jpg

Thanks for reading, and hope you purchase the book :)

Theodore Gianna

Hi Larry, long time, no see. Thanks for your support.

The book kept me busy until the middle of this month (August), when it all came together. I finally published it on August 20. The research, and writing of the book were easy enough (it took just over 2 months - working on it almost daily), but when I got to the editing/proofreading/formatting/cover design/ publishing, things got a bit stressful. But, I finally got it done.

Actually, I did do some repaints of Braniff's fleet, which I will upload on Flightsim by next week. So, look out for those. A few of those repaints are also in the book. If you do decide to buy it, I hope you enjoy it.

Cheers, Ted.

Looks great! I'm off to purchase! When I was a kid, growing up in West Texas, my Dad indulged my aviation fantasies by bringing timetables from airports at various locations. I had quite a collection. Braniff was a favorite. Then I got to go to Love Field with him and actually see those big El Dorado Super Jets. "Boarding on the Green Concourse", if I remember correctly. (I think Red was American, Green Braniff and Delta, and Yellow Continental, TTA, Central and the others. ) First time to see a jet was a Braniff 707. Fond memories. Thanks!!

My first jet ride was a Braniff 707 from Indianapolis to San Antonio, TX, going to start basic training at Lackland. My first airliner was a Lake Central DC-3 from Evansville to Indianapolis.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks Aaron, Larry N., and dlfrenchmd, I'm glad you like the book.

Aaron, I decided to write the book for the very same reason. I wanted to focus on the airlines history, write as much information as needed, without overdoing it, and off course, focus on the aircraft.

Also, the fleet data section at the end of the book, took me ages to finish. But, it was worth it in the end.

Whether, you guys buy the book or not (hopefully you will:)), it's a joy to know there are people out there who appreciate the hard work that others put in.

Cheers, T.G.

• 3 weeks later...