Momentary Switches, Arduino

johankotze

I am building a MCP using Arduino Mega, but have difficulty with the momentary button switches, don't know what pin to solder to life or ground the same with the legs of the build in LED. The button switches I use have has a LED built in (see attached pictures). There is a lot of switches and I think I can ground them all in series. No sure if this the right technical word.

I know that the LED long leg is positive and the sorter one in the negative. I further think, not sure, that the LED has nothing to do with button action as you program it in MobiFlight.

Momentary Switch Pins.jpg

Momentary Switch Front.jpg

MCP.jpg

Do you have a volt meter? (It really makes these things easier) If not you should and check continuity.

Thing is you arent going to hurt anything just attaching the wires and checking the output

based on what that looks like Id say the left side and the right side would be the two terminals and it would not be related to the switch action at all.

If feel confident enough to solder the left and right sides as the switch. That is how the ones I have worked without LEDS. You cant hurt anything worst case it is a short and the button is pressed constantly.

That is a really interesting project. I have made arduino button boxes for Truck simulatior and will be modifying them for fight simulator now. Id be interested in the code for how you got those displays to work! Very interesting!