Anyone Else Figure Out How To.....? Bypass the 3 Anointing Startup Screens Yet?

I wouldnt say its annoying, i leave the room for the kitchen and when Im back its ready

If that bypass shortens the time...ok, otherwise no advantage if screens are gone but you have to wait same time in front of a black screen

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I wouldnt say its annoying, i leave the room for the kitchen and when Im back its ready

If that bypass shortens the time...ok, otherwise no advantage if screens are gone but you have to wait same time in front of a black screen

Well I think it's not only annoying but bad human factors design. I run the simulator off an SSD and I've watched the activity light and it's not taking a lot of I/O time during initial load, it's apparently out on the network confirming every piece is up to date, individually and maybe twice just to be sure - so when it take at least 2 minutes to get to "Did you really mean to start the program?" and then takes another 2 or 3 minutes to get to the main screen is a bit tedious, just to select something that then takes another 3 to 5 minutes to load.

But like you, I just kick it off, go get a cup of coffee, then press a key, and then take the cat for a walk, and then try to remember why I started the game, select an option, and then go wash my bicycle, and all this on a system that MSFS describes as "High-End." They could at least decide to let you go right to the main screen even if it took just as long. Very annoying to have to go into chimpanzee mode (apologies to Chimpanzees everywhere) and press a key only to wait just as long again before you take the next Pavlovian step. But it is pretty once you get there - not a whole lot better than FSX on the ground but more realistic at altitude.

• 3 weeks later...
Go into FSX cfg file as admin, type DisablePreload, that would be at the very bottom of the cfg as the cfg file is written in reverse. Have issues with memory or ram ? alleviate the issue with MEMFIX=1 , Now that goes at the top above the first line. Any other issues leave them here. One tip, one thing that overworks fsx is shortcuts on your screen and just before you start fsx go to search type %TEMP% and the temp files will come up, delete all, what cant be deleted will stay, all of that will speed up the fsx program and in fact they are preload files the system that will be redone on the next boot. Make sure you type in the cfg just as ive typed it. Edited by archangelmj12
typo

The SDK is in your FSX disc 1, run the disc , look through it, its a large file as far as its going to go into your FSX. If you cant go into that or anything in way of files right click and make yourself admin. i do that on every install of anything so that i can make any cfg change i want. With some aircraft like Captsim and a few others the system will crash if you dont set the install as admin. Good Luck.

If you're running the Steam version you can bypass the three splash screens by doing this.

1) In the Library, right click Microsoft Flight Simulator and select Properties.

2) Select LAUNCH OPTIONS

3) Type "-FastLaunch" w/o quotes

On my system, it saved about 30 seconds.

Mike

Windows 10 Home 64bit / Intel i7-8700, 6 Core, 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM DDR 4 / GTX 1080 OC / SSD(2) / 27" 165 Hz 1440p Monitor / Internet 805 Mbps down, 24 Mbps up

The SDK is in your FSX disc 1, run the disc , look through it, its a large file as far as its going to go into your FSX. If you cant go into that or anything in way of files right click and make yourself admin. i do that on every install of anything so that i can make any cfg change i want. With some aircraft like Captsim and a few others the system will crash if you dont set the install as admin. Good Luck.

you didnt realize we are talking about MSFS2020 ?

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Go into FSX cfg file as admin, type DisablePreload, that would be at the very bottom of the cfg as the cfg file is written in reverse. Have issues with memory or ram ? alleviate the issue with MEMFIX=1 , Now that goes at the top above the first line. Any other issues leave them here. One tip, one thing that overworks fsx is shortcuts on your screen and just before you start fsx go to search type %TEMP% and the temp files will come up, delete all, what cant be deleted will stay, all of that will speed up the fsx program and in fact they are preload files the system that will be redone on the next boot. Make sure you type in the cfg just as ive typed it.

We aren't talking about FSX here. We are talking about MSFS. Also, the stuff you posted above is totally wrong.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Thanks for the insight! Any idea how to shrink the size of runway and taxi lights? I run on 3 screens and these lights expand to an unrealistic size with this set up. This happened with FSX and there was a fix but I can’t figure it out with 2020. Thanks!