Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSFS Manual

FIRSTLY these are only suggestions and maybe some more learned members can advise a better method.

Can you UNINSTALL what you already have OR
    remove DELETE the folder where FS2020 in installed to.

and then restart the download from the beginning?
    John
    Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666
    Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD
    Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

What total BS. Why should I pay for a manual that should have been included with the product in the first place, when the simmers is Europe get it included with the program? This is a first class ***k up on Microsoft's part. I hope someone in the corporate offices have their collective ears on. The only thing about the program is the scenery which is totally mind blowing. The rest of the program is totally beyond suck mode.

I have long been of the opinion that any general population gaming software that requires the study of a very lengthy manual and multiple hoop-jumps to use it is crap software.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Isn't there an electronic copy of the manual which comes with the download version (sorry I don't have the download version so don't know). Sure a printed manual is desirable but difficult to send via the internet.
    If there is NOT an electronic copy is this because MS 'forgot' to include it (and so should now be part of a downloadable 'patch'/upgrade) or some other ulterior reason?

Whatever the reason it doesn't do anything for MS.
    John

I have been into computers since FS1 in 1982. Since then I have flown planes and controlled aircraft from towers.... FS2020 has been nothing but a pain! Poor flight-planning and in-flight nav support. Very poor (very basic) before flight settings... And now that the first update has arrived - nothing works! Just like when I first downloaded it! It is a great disappointment. After all this time - that's it? A pretty tree? Nice snow? Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGezzer View Post
    What total BS. Why should I pay for a manual that should have been included with the product in the first place, when the simmers is Europe get it included with the program? This is a first class ***k up on Microsoft's part. I hope someone in the corporate offices have their collective ears on. The only thing about the program is the scenery which is totally mind blowing. The rest of the program is totally beyond suck mode.
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blog Entries

I have been simming since 1992 in FS4 and never saw a manual.

Perhaps the FSX "manual" can help in some issues? Is there one? How do the newbies manage?
    Or the P3D? Or Fs9?
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Blog Entries

FSX, or at least the version I have, came with a printed manual and a separate quick reference guide. That of course was in the days when software came in boxes instead of via download. The manual was not as extensive as the book SoFly offers, but at least you had something you could refer to.

I cannot understand why MS did not include a manual in PDF form with the download version. Most if not all software even boxed sets comes with an electronic form of their manual (which I hate but at least it exists).
    John

Blog Entries

Check out this news item:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...ef-Info-Update

SoFly has extensive plans to continue to upgrade their guide book, all at no extra charge to existing customers.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast