"I like the idea of a "manual", however us "old guys" typically prefer a hard copy in front of us, so we can pause the flight, look up the necessary information and return to the flight . . . or even do a little ground prep."

Exactly, and i like to research some things away from in front of the computer.

"I like the idea of a "manual", however us "old guys" typically prefer a hard copy in front of us, so we can pause the flight, look up the necessary information and return to the flight . . . or even do a little ground prep."

Exactly, and i like to research some things away from in front of the computer.

Here here (Me too!)

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I just placed my order for your great looking guide book - FWIW that's $13.67 in USD -lol - well worth the price says I.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I believe it can be printed now...

Does it bind itself into book form also? I thought not. Well do have a three hole punch and a ring binder.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

A little disappointed with the manual I just purchased. The description leads one to believe there is specific detailed info on operating each of the included aircraft. Instead, the detailed info is essentially the same general specifications for each aircraft as it is displayed within the simulator itself. Unfortunately, I still have not found any specifics on instruments or controls of any of the included aircraft. Example: where are the "indicators" for the AP selectors on the KA350i ? ..... There is not even an on/off indicator other than the sim prompt. How do you visually see what your VS is set to? How do you make changes to FD? How do you set a target ALT, Spd, etc.?

Having an adjustment is of no value if you cannot see what you are setting it to .....

Is it a matter of repositioning the cockpit view camera to a lower angle inside to cabin, not just panning it or zooming it? Some of the glass cockpit screens are partially obscured by the dashboard itself ..... Do we somehow move the camera down?

Does it bind itself into book form also? I thought not. Well do have a three hole punch and a ring binder.

Yes, dogdish, they are on the next "page," if I'm not mistaken. But I'm often mistaken...Oh, I just remembered,--I can't come over to your house and put it all together for you--cause I prolly live 1200 miles or more away! jk, mate!

Edited by bushp04

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

The new version is out now, with 28 additional pages added. You can go to your FlightSim.Com Store account and download it now.

Hi Nels,

If I download the manual from Flightsim.com Store tonight, will the 28 additional pages be included?

Also, I would like to download the manual to my Ipad rather than Windows. Hoping not to sound TOO dumb, is this possible? Does Mac use a file extension other than .pdf? I can't think of it at the moment!:confused:

Thanks,

Len

(bushp04)

P.S. No worries vis-à-vis all the MSFS2020 complaints we've been reading about. As in every other FS, the kinks will get ironed out, I'm sure!

Edited by bushp04

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

• Founder

If you purchased from the FlightSim.Com store just login to your store account and download it again. You'll always get the latest version this way. This is how you update most things that you buy at the store.

PDF is a pretty universal format. I'd be surprised if the iPad cannot display PDF.

Also, I would like to download the manual to my Ipad rather than Windows. Hoping not to sound TOO dumb, is this possible? Does Mac use a file extension other than .pdf? I can't think of it at the moment!:confused:

iPads can open PDFs just fine. You can transfer the files through iTunes (Windows), Finder (Mac) or a third party app such as Dropbox or OneDrive.

'Morning Nels,

The User Manual will not download for me. I've tried about half a dozen times last night and this a.m., but no joy from store.flightsim.com. Do I have the name correct? Can I use my regular flight.sim username/password combo, or must it be different? Everything looking good--until I hit the check out button--then the whole screen crashes! Can I please get an assist? Would be much obliged!

Thanks!

Len

(bush04)

Edited by bushp04
spelling corrections

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

The omission of a manual is shameful.

However my question is this to those who have purchased this manual: IS IT WORTH IT?

Mower-

I'll let you know if it ever downloads from store.flightsim.com.

bushp04

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

'Morning Nels,

The User Manual will not download for me. I've tried about half a dozen times last night and this a.m., but no joy from store.flightsim.com. Do I have the name correct? Can I use my regular flight.sim username/password combo, or must it be different? Everything looking good--until I hit the check out button--then the whole screen crashes! Can I please get an assist? Would be much obliged!

Thanks!

Len

(bush04)

Your account at the flightsim store is different than your regular flightsim login.

iam very new to flight sims and have bought MSFS2020 will this manual benefit me because the tutorial lessons in the sim do not explain things very good.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Processor,32"wide screen Samsung monitor

MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard mATX, AM4, DDR4

Pioneer 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Gen 3x4,Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)

• Founder

New update just released:

Changelog v1.40

NEW – Snow and Weather Manipulation

NEW – Handling Icing In Your Aircraft

NEW – Accessibility Options

NEW – Updating Your Simulator

ADDED – Key features of simulator build 1.8.3.0

ADDED – Information on in-sim menu after build update 1.8.3.0

ADDED – Updated back cover

FIX – Acronym error on Page 134

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to get notified when the manual is updated?

If you subscribe to the Flightsim.com newsletter you can find out. I just received the "Late October" news and it said that they had just released v1.60. I went back to my order and downloaded the latest version. Its now at 232 pages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately MSFS was launched in such a hurry to maximize earnings that it forgot to include a Manual with the essentials. SoFly – A Guide to Flight Simulator – MSFS 2020 is a loss of money. Lots of photos of flying planes and some menus BUT little about controls settings, keyboard assignments presets and other important topics a manual of such a complicated interfase as this one has was supposed to contain. A WASTE of money. :mad: Edited by bjl345
misspelling of one word

I have just splashed my cash on the premium deluxe version (GB £109.99), and I find it appalling that in this day and age they couldn't include a digital version of a manual with something so expensive. A simulator this big and complex, in my opinion, becomes little more than an arcade game without a manual. I have had the 'game' a little more than a week now, and so far I have spent most of that time searching out helpful bits of info' and youtube tutorials. I have printed 30 pages with all of the keys used. So far, not impressed. (pretty pictures of trees though!).

GlennAir