• Founder

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is missing the usual manual you'd expect from software like this. However, publisher SoFly has published an excellent substitute. Their SoFly - A Guide to Flight Simulator is a 120 page ebook in PDF format that covers what you need to know to use MSFS.

There is a step-by-step tutorial to learn the aircraft and how they handle. There is detailed info on each included aircraft and each of the hand-crafted airports. You'll also learn about the UI (user interface), ATC, camera views and much more.

Check it out...now available at the FlightSim.Com Store:

https://store.flightsim.com/product/sofly-a-guide-to-flight-simulator-msfs-2020/

sofl0824.jpg

flight-simulator-guide-and-tutorial-sofly (1).jpg

sofly-1.jpg

If the boxed version comes with a (printed) manual then why doesn't the download version come with an electronic version of the manual (pdf)?

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

• Founder
If the boxed version comes with a (printed) manual then why doesn't the download version come with an electronic version of the manual (pdf)?

That is a question you'll need to ask Microsoft. SoFly is just trying to fill a gap for something Microsoft should have done.

When will the new version(v1.10) be available. SoFly said I should get the update from the vendor I bought it from. They said it's already been sent.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Thanks for the tip. I upgraded my computer, bought MSFS, downloaded it (tried to) but there was a power outing (wind) and still 62 GiB are missing. You can't resume and it's now stuck in the updating. Been retrying for 9 days now. If it doesn't work in the next hours I'll ask for a refund (so helps me Gosh), and willl be back to recover my faithful FSX.

Bst rgds.

FIRSTLY these are only suggestions and maybe some more learned members can advise a better method.

Can you UNINSTALL what you already have OR

remove DELETE the folder where FS2020 in installed to.

and then restart the download from the beginning?

John

What total BS. Why should I pay for a manual that should have been included with the product in the first place, when the simmers is Europe get it included with the program? This is a first class ***k up on Microsoft's part. I hope someone in the corporate offices have their collective ears on. The only thing about the program is the scenery which is totally mind blowing. The rest of the program is totally beyond suck mode.

I have long been of the opinion that any general population gaming software that requires the study of a very lengthy manual and multiple hoop-jumps to use it is crap software.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Isn't there an electronic copy of the manual which comes with the download version (sorry I don't have the download version so don't know). Sure a printed manual is desirable but difficult to send via the internet.

If there is NOT an electronic copy is this because MS 'forgot' to include it (and so should now be part of a downloadable 'patch'/upgrade) or some other ulterior reason?

Whatever the reason it doesn't do anything for MS.

John

I have been into computers since FS1 in 1982. Since then I have flown planes and controlled aircraft from towers.... FS2020 has been nothing but a pain! Poor flight-planning and in-flight nav support. Very poor (very basic) before flight settings... And now that the first update has arrived - nothing works! Just like when I first downloaded it! It is a great disappointment. After all this time - that's it? A pretty tree? Nice snow? Pathetic!

What total BS. Why should I pay for a manual that should have been included with the product in the first place, when the simmers is Europe get it included with the program? This is a first class ***k up on Microsoft's part. I hope someone in the corporate offices have their collective ears on. The only thing about the program is the scenery which is totally mind blowing. The rest of the program is totally beyond suck mode.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Founder
FSX, or at least the version I have, came with a printed manual and a separate quick reference guide. That of course was in the days when software came in boxes instead of via download. The manual was not as extensive as the book SoFly offers, but at least you had something you could refer to.

I cannot understand why MS did not include a manual in PDF form with the download version. Most if not all software even boxed sets comes with an electronic form of their manual (which I hate but at least it exists).

John

Nels,

Thanks for sharing.

I like the idea of a "manual", however us "old guys" typically prefer a hard copy in front of us, so we can pause the flight, look up the necessary information and return to the flight . . . or even do a little ground prep.

Since this product can't be printed (& I understand why), I won't likely purchase it. I may be convinced to pay a "premium" for a printable version.

Nels,

Thanks for sharing.

I like the idea of a "manual", however us "old guys" typically prefer a hard copy in front of us, so we can pause the flight, look up the necessary information and return to the flight . . . or even do a little ground prep.

Since this product can't be printed (& I understand why), I won't likely purchase it. I may be convinced to pay a "premium" for a printable version.

I believe it can be printed now...

• Founder
Nels,

Thanks for sharing.

Please read the updated info; one of that changes they've made as a result of user feedback is that it is now printable.