Logitech Pro Flight & MSFS2020

kirkbauer

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the MSFS2020 forum, please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

I'm interested in purchasing some of these items for use in FS2020 but before I do I want to understand which ones are supported. I know the yoke, pedals, throttles, and HOTAS are supported, but what about some of these other items?

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/flight.html

1) Flight Switch Panel: I'm thinking I can just map these switches to hotkeys and it would probably work OK?

2) Flight Multi Panel: it seems this would need special support to work? Or is there a standard API that will allow it to work already?

3) Flight Instrument Panel: it seems unlikely that this would currently work?

4) Flight Radio Panel: This one I'd really love if it worked, again perhaps there is an existing API that will allow it work out of the box?

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the MSFS2020 forum, please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

I'm interested in purchasing some of these items for use in FS2020 but before I do I want to understand which ones are supported. I know the yoke, pedals, throttles, and HOTAS are supported, but what about some of these other items?

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/flight.html

1) Flight Switch Panel: I'm thinking I can just map these switches to hotkeys and it would probably work OK?

2) Flight Multi Panel: it seems this would need special support to work? Or is there a standard API that will allow it to work already?

3) Flight Instrument Panel: it seems unlikely that this would currently work?

4) Flight Radio Panel: This one I'd really love if it worked, again perhaps there is an existing API that will allow it work out of the box?

There is currently no support for those panels in FS2020 BUT, there are 3rd party add ons that can make them work (SpaD.Next, Lorby's AxisandOhs, FSUIPC, etc) but they all induce major stuttering in the game until the Simconnect module that is installed with FS2020 is fixed in the first patch due sometime next week. I have no idea yet how well that is going to pan out. Look to the Peripherals section of the FS2020 forums in the next couple weeks.

Also, the pedals, yoke, and throttle are "supported" in that the sim sees them but there are no default profiles for them, meaning that you have to manually assign every single axis and button. Took me hours to get all that done.

Edited by Flyguy51

Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5 MB, Intel i7-8700K @ 4.8Ghz, 32Gb Corsair 3200Mhz, Gigabyte GTX1070Ti, Corsair H115i AIO

Adata 480Gb NVME M.2