Got my refund for MSFS

^^^^^ This is what I'm talking about.

Simmers are taking the word of the ill-equipped, the incompetent and the downright inadequate as gospel regarding this sim.

Kingnorris, you're none of the above and if you've used a payware plane with autopilot or G1000 before, you'll have no major problems with this sim.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm over it

This sim is ridiculous, a heap of time binding my x52 pro then start flying the planes & none of them fly right, trimming is useless in fact the whole thing is terrible. Where is atleast one military jet.I didn't want to spend money on it straight up so I bought an Xbox game pass for pc to download & use it, it was $1 for the first month then $4.95 a month after so i have been working on it & getting very frustrated. Then I get an email from microsoft informing me the game pass is going up to $10.95 a $6 amonth increase. I cancelled my game pass after reading the email. They can keep their 2020, I'm back to my xplane, works & flies like a dream & can have enemies in the sky to take out.

Cheers simmers.

I'm over it

This sim is ridiculous, a heap of time binding my x52 pro then start flying the planes & none of them fly right, trimming is useless in fact the whole thing is terrible. Where is atleast one military jet.I didn't want to spend money on it straight up so I bought an Xbox game pass for pc to download & use it, it was $1 for the first month then $4.95 a month after so i have been working on it & getting very frustrated. Then I get an email from microsoft informing me the game pass is going up to $10.95 a $6 amonth increase. I cancelled my game pass after reading the email. They can keep their 2020, I'm back to my xplane, works & flies like a dream & can have enemies in the sky to take out.

Cheers simmers.

Moderator for good better close this. Thanks

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

People here complaining slay me. Are you new to flight simming? Sigh. MSFS since FS9 has just been a platform for add ons. So too with MS2020. Add ons like PMGD are coming, their NGX slated for Q1 2021. We bought in early. Got to be patient.

My only concern is corporate bean counters at MS pulling the plug too soon.

I tried the program via X-Box PC. The first month was only $1 and subsequent months are around $5. This gives access to the basic FS2020 program as well as many other games. I tried this way since I was pretty sure my PC would not run the program well, but I thought I might be able to see some of it. I went through both patches and downloaded three times. The program won't run on my PC. I got a refund from MSFT a few days ago.

Why am I saying all this? Well, it's a simple way to try the program without shelling out $60. If you like it and want to have the program as stand-alone, or upgrade to the higher versions, you can do so. Bottom line for me is that I tried it and it didn't work, and it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

I'll be watching this forum, and other places, to see if the bugs get worked out soon. If they do I'll probably get a new PC so I can run it.

Most of the "bugs" are people that don't know how to calibrate controllers correctly, or people trying to run it on marginal equipment. A lot of people run it successfully! Sure there are minor things like a few missing airports, but that doesn't keep you from enjoying the product, you have more than 30,000 other choices until that omission is fixed.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

In the past I've complained on the P3D forum about people abusing the EULA, which they ALL do, and had the thread locked.

Couldn't agree more Tim, could never bring myself to utter the "white lie" to get hold of it and stood my ground with FSX and latterly XP11, until FS20 came along.

Looking forward to getting back in this evening, now the patch seems to have completed, see if I can get the 747 "orf" at Idaho Falls and head across to Newark (New Jersey, not Northgate :) ). Then emulate the old Continental red eye from Newark to Gatwick, first time myself and the missus had a 747.

Vern.

Good times, Vern! Happy landings :pilot:

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Kapitan, I've been simming since '87 FS 3.0. Helped me get my instruments license. Flying with FSX for years I didn't think X Plane was worth and never wanted to touch it. But I wanted a 64bit sim. Now I'm not going to praise X Plane. It is basic and you have to add in scenery and stuff but it wasn't bad to get through.

You got to remember this isn't MSFS. Its Abosos flight sim teaming up with MS. This rendering engine has nothing to do with MS and its crap.

So I'm glad you're having a good time with it but a lot of people are getting sick of failure after failure after updates. So when people come on here to say they are having problems, they are looking for people with the same problems with MSFS. No one cares you aren't having trouble in this thread!

Yea! Happy for you - go away.

Well Said!!

I'm over it

Cheers simmers.

Same here. Spent time setting up my CH Products Flight Yoke and getting the sensitivities right. Then comes the latest patch which screwed that up and introduced numerous other bugs. This sim will go the way of MS Flight. It'll be dead in a year. Maybe less.

Same here. Spent time setting up my CH Products Flight Yoke and getting the sensitivities right. Then comes the latest patch which screwed that up and introduced numerous other bugs. This sim will go the way of MS Flight. It'll be dead in a year. Maybe less.

Thanks for the positive words!

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Reminder...

Keep it nice or it's locked.

My point on this thread was to hear from other people who have had the same trouble and wanted to discuss it. Yes, SOME people are coming on here just to troll there is nothing wrong with MSFS2020 but I wanted to hear from the community from those who are having trouble. I'm hoping to keep it that way.

My point on this thread was to hear from other people who have had the same trouble and wanted to discuss it. Yes, SOME people are coming on here just to troll there is nothing wrong with MSFS2020 but I wanted to hear from the community from those who are having trouble. I'm hoping to keep it that way.

I see you're new here. Just a little friendly advice. If you are actually looking for usable input, I wouldn't go looking on a thread that starts with "Got My MFS refund" You can search for threads that deal with specifics or start your own thread with a question of your own. Much more productive in finding usable data. These type of threads generally end up being a bitch session or at the very least, combative.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Most of the "bugs" are people that don't know how to calibrate controllers correctly, or people trying to run it on marginal equipment. A lot of people run it successfully! Sure there are minor things like a few missing airports, but that doesn't keep you from enjoying the product, you have more than 30,000 other choices until that omission is fixed.

Simply not true !! There are numerous issues with this SIM.

This isn't an argument, it's just a series of contradictions:

"There are numerous issues with this SIM."

That is an assertion! If you want to persuade, list them! If you really know of major things that are wrong, spell them out not just make a blanket indictment with no basis!

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

"There are numerous issues with this SIM."

That is an assertion! If you want to persuade, list them! If you really know of major things that are wrong, spell them out not just make a blanket indictment with no basis!

787 was flying sideways at 45 degrees while flying straight and no control to correct.

Plane taxis itself onto the runway (default AI setting that needed to be turned off. Who the hell knows to look for that in the first place)

Not 35,000 real airports, all the terminals look like hotel buildings (not a big deal to me, I fly airlines on routes) But another lie.

The best - turn off AP on approach and the plane just tilts to one side with no control to correct it then the plane crashes.

I can't say I ever had the program crash but it would lock up for 5-7 seconds before continuing.

Would start at the runway with the plane falling through the ground and unable to fix without a reboot of the game.

Buttons that are needed for common flight are 'INOP' (don't ask which buttons, too many to list)

Controllers were too sensitive but even turning them down really didn't help. Planes still fly like crap manually.

Its a good bush pilot sim, not a flight sim.

just made a night flight to Amsterdam

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?325720-Planning-A-Flight-On-The-MCDU&p=2127289#post2127289

Though all in fms at 1000 ft i diconnect AP and fly it manually

The airbus responds very smoothly, I did had to increase the brightness that switched itself off but other than that, no trouble logging another hour

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Most of your control issues are your own fault, you have not properly calibrated your control devices. It isn't enough to just run calibrate, you must test to see if it worked correctly. Mine didn't on multiple tries, until I disconnected the UPS connection and reconnected. It then calibrated just fine. Most people don't experience what you are seeing, which says it isn't the sim, it is your incorrect use of the sim. Now I will agree the AI flies the aircraft poorly, but if you are in AI, flight envelope isn't your issue, you are just looking at the pretty scenery. I will agree taxi patterns need work, but you control the taxi, unless you are in AI, wherein who cares, it is AI! I didn't buy the sim for the pretty terminals? Mine look fine, even KFMZ looks pretty good. My program has never locked up. I think you have an installation problem unique to your computer, that isn't a bug. What buttons do you need to fly that don't work? Edited by plainsman

Sorry to hear about specific problems and unsatisfying experiences. I have only flown the TBM930 in the sim and I use a Thrustmaster T16000m that was plug and play without any adjustments for sensitivity. I have also programmed many of the buttons to features that I prefer for my flying. I also use the real world ForeFlight app with the sim. The parameters programmed into ForeFlight for the TBM930 match the sim precisely. All the main read outs in the sim match the calculations done by ForeFlight on the ground and during flight. Since I have never flown the TBM in real life, I am in no way able to comment on the accuracy of the flight characteristics. I will say that the performance of the Pratt & Whitney PT6 responds like the videos I have studied. Just now working on a combined RNAV and VFR flight video into Courchevel and the autopilot is working flawlessly.

So I know it is unfortunate that some are at wits end with this sim, but I have to believe the setup is just not correct for those having problems.

Heh.. been around since 1984.. got a 6 digit Vatsim number. Got a full cockpit setup.

Was having some CTD problems but those went away after I unplugged my second saitek throttle (patch came out same day) so who knows what did it.. but things are fine now.

This is no different than the FSX days anyone that says "They have been around" knows this. Or they are full of it. Id argue things are better with this sim.

Sure I am not flying my PMDG 737 and 747 yet.. but I will be someday..

For now it is MSFS and FSEconomy flying the heck out of the Caravan 208 until more stuff comes out.

These guys get a HUGE pass from me for bringing flight sim from the grave.. because it was DEAD. No I played Xplane 10 and 11 but it wasnt as good. Never matched the time/experience I put in on FSX.

Why do people post things like this? To inspire others to get a refund. I think I am going to upgrade and pay the full 100 to go from standard to the high level one.

Screen Shot 09-21-20 at 05.31 PM.PNG