Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my refund for MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by UPHILL3 View Post
    What was the big show for almost a year employing Beta and Alpha volunteer testers? Were any problems they reported back the Asobo Team ignored? Discounted? Fixed?
    !
    My exact thoughts. Surely even just some of the problems uncovered since release were noticed during testing. I also wonder if MS gave each tester a test 'plan'. I was once a programmer/analyst and ALWAYS had to produce a test plan to be used during testing and each test 'ticked off', or maybe MS didn't know how to create an extensive test plan.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD m/b CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz
    Memory: Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666 ram
    Video - NVidia RTX2060 OC 6GB
    Operating System: Windows 10 64bit Home

Quote Originally Posted by jparnold View Post
    My exact thoughts. Surely even just some of the problems uncovered since release were noticed during testing. I also wonder if MS gave each tester a test 'plan'. I was once a programmer/analyst and ALWAYS had to produce a test plan to be used during testing and each test 'ticked off', or maybe MS didn't know how to create an extensive test plan.
    Think I've posted this before but most, if not all, alpha and beta testers were quite surprised at how soon the sim was released (hard to get into any amount of detail thanks to the NDA). I wasn't expecting it to come out until much closer to the end of the year myself. It feels very much like someone at Microsoft decided they needed to see some money coming in after four years of development. The debacle with the upcoming Halo release may have had something to do with where MS was scrambling to find a new launch title to show off the new Xbox consoles. Or there is some other deadline they are trying to hit.

Hi Loki
    Even though I wanted it released as quickly as possible especially after seeing some of the early Yuutube videos thought that perhaps it wouldn't be released until maybe November and now wonder if they rushed the release. I can understand that they wanted some payback for development costs.
    I do hope that MS had some real pilots as alpha and beta testers.

I hope the dreadful fires aren't affecting you. At present here in Sydney people are complaining about the smoke from burnoffs created by firefighters to help ease the possibility of more bush/forest fires in summer.
    Last edited by jparnold; 09-16-2020 at 07:41 PM. Reason: I do hope that MS had some real pilots as alpha and beta testers.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD m/b CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz
    Memory: Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666 ram
    Video - NVidia RTX2060 OC 6GB
    Operating System: Windows 10 64bit Home

Hi texvindictive, I'm having major problems with the program too. I don't know if I'll ever be happy with it. Microsoft should of told Adobo to make it as similar to fsx as possible. Instead, it's totally different. I noticed a long time ago that all the planes looked distorted on the youtube videos. The camera system is terrible. I bought a new computer for this so I can't turn back. Ultimately microsoft is responsible for this disaster. Why would you pick a french company to make a english game. In settings they use the word validate when it should be apply. What dummies.

Blog Entries

I agree completely...this is not looking good at all. I am going to dump this simulator for now. If they fix it....I'll jump back on board later on. For now it is taking up too much of my time and all I feel is disappointment! What a bummer!!

Aaron
    Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by jparnold View Post
    Hi Loki
    Even though I wanted it released as quickly as possible especially after seeing some of the early Yuutube videos thought that perhaps it wouldn't be released until maybe November and now wonder if they rushed the release. I can understand that they wanted some payback for development costs.
    I do hope that MS had some real pilots as alpha and beta testers.

I hope the dreadful fires aren't affecting you. At present here in Sydney people are complaining about the smoke from burnoffs created by firefighters to help ease the possibility of more bush/forest fires in summer.
    Yep, there were real pilots, experienced simmers and newcomers to the hobby. I think it's pretty clear they did rush the release. Between the installation issues that far too many had, bugs, incomplete SDK and lack of manual or other good documentation, they've had, and continue to have, a lot of work to. Having said that, I am still enjoying the sim.

As the worst of the fires are ~900 km away, the only thing we've had here are some smoky skies. Had one relatively small fire much closer, but they got it under control. Now if they can track down the person who left their campfire burning...

Blog Entries

Same here...its not just one or two buggy things, its a whole list of unsatisfactory
    programming bugs I find inexcusable for a released product. I thought Microsoft
    might have learned something from (Flight) apparently not! The more I see of this
    simulator the more I dislike it. Yeah...I am pissed! $120.00 for this junkyard?

I'm done ranting now!

Aaron
    Aaron

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shb7 View Post
    I bought a new computer for this so I can't turn back.
    Nothing stopping you turning back.

How times have changed from pre release. Wonder how many of those who uninstalled their old sims vowing they will never touch them again are now sitting there for hours and hours reinstalling??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by texvindictive View Post
    Its only one week later and CDKeys.com has it at 15% off. What's that tell you?
    It tells you that purchasing dodgy keys bought with stolen credit cards, with the proceeds going to everything from terrorism to drug and people trafficking rings, and so on, is alive and well if you choose to go down that route.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Same here...its not just one or two buggy things, its a whole list of unsatisfactory
    programming bugs I find inexcusable for a released product. I thought Microsoft
    might have learned something from (Flight) apparently not! The more I see of this
    simulator the more I dislike it. Yeah...I am pissed! $120.00 for this junkyard?

I'm done ranting now!

Aaron

Luckily I didn't pay more than $1 for it. I bought the 1 month Xbox to PC trial. I have gone back to FS9. MS/Asobo tried to cut corners with this beta. I am sure I'm not the only person disappointed with the game and won't buy it. Maybe in a year or two if it's ever fixed. But not now. However I feel what we got is Flight II and this new game will be forgotten in a year just like Flight.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast