Got my refund for MSFS

For the record, if software works on someone's PC does not mean it does not have bugs.

There is enough of a user comment database out there now to clearly determine MSFS has plenty of problems.

People should not be shot down because they have legitimate concerns and want to raise them. Until these concerns are addressed someone like me isn't going to touch it. lol

Comparisons to FSX on release can't be made because FSX core features worked. Modern day game devlopment is also not as easy to fix as it was 15 years ago. The, "It'll get fixed as in the past" doesn't apply until you see it's actually fixed especially with software like MSFS.

Let them speak.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There is enough of a user comment database out there now to clearly determine MSFS has plenty of problems."

I respectfully disagree Mark. Almost all the significant complaints come back to a new platform which works differently than the older versions. I do agree there needed to be a comprehensive manual to hold peoples hands through the changes in procedure.

But most of the complaints are from people that clearly don't have their controllers calibrated correctly or that are trying to run the sim on equipment way below the minimum requirements. This program is going to require a learning curve that hasn't been needed since FS2000. But it is really already a lot better than all these naysayers are suggesting. You clearly have not tried it, so why detract until you have a valid perspective based on your own experience.

As to issues about not replicating "bugs" on others computers, I understand there could be some hardware mismatch, but most of these folks have just not worked out the calibration of their equipment. I don't have a vested interest in this, but i clearly see folks that are unfairly maligning the program with no real basis. It isn't the programs fault the user doesn't know how to operate it correctly!

I am attaching a screen that shows an aircraft flying straight and it also shows the level of detail.

NEtown.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

All my aircraft overreactions to input went away when i switched from a flight model of legacy to modern in the general tab/Flight model. I kept all the setting at 100% realistic and it flies nicely All my input devices handle the aircraft nicely and I have the CH yoke and pedals as well as microsoft sidewinder and Thrustmaster. Until someone told me about the realistic to modern flight model change, the aircraft all refused to handle at all. Biggest problem I see here is that rather than ask the questions that bring clarity it's easier to just whine about how bad the program is. I did the same thing until I realized I was the real problem. Almost all my issues disappeared when I figured out things I was doing wrong. And about problems, omg don't get me going about FSX. It was a nightmare in the beginning spending hours tweaking the config file, but became a very enjoyable and stable flight sim soon after. I'm sure this one will get there too. Until it does I am thoroughly enjoying the things it does well.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I understand there could be some hardware mismatch, but most of these folks have just not worked out the calibration of their equipment.

Well, removing the Sensitivity Setting didn’t really help there. My perfectly Windows calibrated pedals are way too sensitive without that option. Just putting my feet on them will send some aircraft into a spin. But I put a curve back on them with Target so no biggie.

Overall though, I agree. Sadly, using first purchasers as paying beta testers s just how the industry rolls now. Perhaps with the size and complexity of games like this it is inevitable. If you buy a new game you know what to expect. Mostly I hold off but this time I did not and for the most part it’s fine.

Flying VFR GA the only real issue is the occasional tendency of the AP to throw fits. The problem for me is actually worse after the latest patch, The AP should not occasionally be trying to turn to a previously selected heading or reach a previously set altitude once the AP is totally disengaged.

But compared to all the good things that’s minor compared to all the great stuff.

the Sensitivity settings are badly needed, Im sure they will restore it next patch

I had sensitivity reduced by 80% in elevators 50% in ailerons and 15% null zone.

It was much comfortable and reallistic

i guess they disabled the sensitivities so they could assess joystick functionality across all brands first, without running the risk of user messing the sensitivity by mistake and claiming their joystick doesnt work

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Thanks,

That was a short flight from KFMZ to KOLU to show the detail, the trees don't look like cardboard, the plane isn't "falling out of the sky", the detail of the small town is superb and the aircraft is beautiful.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

the Sensitivity settings are badly needed, Im sure they will restore it next patch

I had sensitivity reduced by 80% in elevators 50% in ailerons and 15% null zone.

It was much comfortable and reallistic

i guess they disabled the sensitivities so they could assess joystick functionality across all brands first, without running the risk of user messing the sensitivity by mistake and claiming their joystick doesnt work

I agree with you on this one. I used your sensitivity settings as a guide and they were spot on. I am a RW pilot and the C152 did fly like the real thing. Removing the sensitivity settings was a big mistake.

I had given up on MSFS. But I am trying it again and am trying to like it. I still spend most of my time with FS9 and all my addons. It helps with the frustration from using MSFS.

It has one elevation error, we know you don't like it, that doesn't make it unusable and your opinion doesn't change that I enjoy flying in it. It has not happened in my flights, so I am glad you are amused by this, it is an easy repair.

How many patches will there have to be to fix 2020? Only Heaven knows...

But I've already spent untold hours tweeking FSX over the past five hears, and I be darned if I'm going thru that again. In fact, I have NOT purchased this new Microsoft FS product yet. (Yes, the same company that keeps updating Win 10 without my consent, and that has deleted files in my PC they deem not worthy of Win 10, or added or changed files I can't delete, that are "crucial" to Win 10).

So, I'm going to bid my time and hopefully by January 2021 or so, the Asobo Team or whoever will give us the flight sim they promised everyone a year ago (or not) . It was supposed to be a innovative flight simulator, not just an eye candy simulator. So if all hopefully goes well, I will buy into it...

Hi plainsman agree with you, the program has a learning curve. But I suppose in Asobo's defence I have to mention, most of the time the culprit is Microsoft with their many strange updates for Windows 10, which breaks a perfectly working PC. There are literally millions of PC's in the world with all sorts of configurations of Windows 10. A developer can only develop so much until the beast is let out in to the wild!

I also feel very strongly why for MS2020 they failed to implement animated stairs and passengers, Gates are all well and good but we need stairs for airports that do not have Gates and only Ramp parking, especially when you are directed to a ramp. Animated passengers would have increased the immersion and realism levels not to mention looking out of your cockpit looking at all the passengers leaving/boarding!

Stairs are also useful for older aircraft that cannot use gates

I am just wondering what all those beta testers and You tuber's were smoking at the time!

Greeting to Kapitan and all, happy flying.;)