Got my refund for MSFS

In fact I think Asobo need to include in the sim the ability to tone them down a bit

You can edit the flight_model.cfg file with Notepad in most aircraft - some don't have a flight_model.cfg file, such as the C172 classic.

The default location of the aircraft folders is:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Say you'd then like to edit the Bonanza G36 flight_model.cfg. It's location is:

asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36

Open the flight_model.cfg with Notepad and scroll down to the [FLIGHT_TUNING] section.

Look for the pitch_stability, roll_stability and yaw_stability values - they can be between 0.33 to as low as 0.1 on some aircraft, but on the Bonanza they're 0.2 by default. Change them all to 1.0, save the file and you're good to go.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDkeys were offering it at a discounted price even before launch. I remember reading several posts regarding it & many people advising not to buy from them. Some say CDkeys & the like, buy from countries with poor economies, where the sim is cheaper. Some say they that they get them from illegal things like stolen credit cards.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• Founder
Its only one week later and CDKeys.com has it at 15% off. What's that tell you?

It tells me they are looking for suckers.

For example, on CDKeys, MSFS Premium Deluxe is "on sale" for 10% off, priced $131.69 marked down from $146.29. The same version direct from Microsoft is $119.99

While there is something going wrong with the garmin AP (I’ve found that if you set a target altitude, even if you switch the AP and all the Altitude bits off, the AP will always try and climb to that altitude whenever you set The AP again. STALL STALL STALL.) I’m having a great time exploring far flung parts of the world.

For you guys that have had a good time i wish you all the best. For me, I like to lay out a flight plan in an airliner and do a 2 to 3 hour flight. I got the 320 to fly on a flight, but the 787 was a mess. Landing is a whole other story. So will I get the game again? Yes. In 2 years when everything is fixed and at CDKey.com for 39.99, not 119.99.

Keep your nose up and watch your airspeed.

Hey Tex - something to consider - Microsoft just released XBOX Pass for PC - it INCLUDES MSFS - and the first month is only $1! Then only $4.99/month after that. SO - may be a good way to get the game/play for next to nothing! It's what I'm doing and I can't complain. Great for people who want to give it a try or people who don't have or don't want to spend a lot of money.

• 3 weeks later...

I repeat once again: What was the big show for almost a year employing Beta and Alpha volunteer testers? Were any problems they reported back the Asobo Team ignored? Discounted? Fixed?

Well, remember the dreaded NDA? I guess now that there was a really, really good reason to impose that on all those testers...

And perhaps it was also more like: "Well, we'll fix a lot of those bugs and problems after release". "Those simmers out there are so anxious to get this baby, that won't mind - they understand every new flight sim has some issues on the first release" "Plus we left out a lot of features that were in FSX." We'll put them all back in due time" "No worries - after all, it's a 10 year commitment". "Hey, great job everybody"!

What was the big show for almost a year employing Beta and Alpha volunteer testers? Were any problems they reported back the Asobo Team ignored? Discounted? Fixed?

!

My exact thoughts. Surely even just some of the problems uncovered since release were noticed during testing. I also wonder if MS gave each tester a test 'plan'. I was once a programmer/analyst and ALWAYS had to produce a test plan to be used during testing and each test 'ticked off', or maybe MS didn't know how to create an extensive test plan.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

My exact thoughts. Surely even just some of the problems uncovered since release were noticed during testing. I also wonder if MS gave each tester a test 'plan'. I was once a programmer/analyst and ALWAYS had to produce a test plan to be used during testing and each test 'ticked off', or maybe MS didn't know how to create an extensive test plan.

Think I've posted this before but most, if not all, alpha and beta testers were quite surprised at how soon the sim was released (hard to get into any amount of detail thanks to the NDA). I wasn't expecting it to come out until much closer to the end of the year myself. It feels very much like someone at Microsoft decided they needed to see some money coming in after four years of development. The debacle with the upcoming Halo release may have had something to do with where MS was scrambling to find a new launch title to show off the new Xbox consoles. Or there is some other deadline they are trying to hit.

Hi Loki

Even though I wanted it released as quickly as possible especially after seeing some of the early Yuutube videos thought that perhaps it wouldn't be released until maybe November and now wonder if they rushed the release. I can understand that they wanted some payback for development costs.

I do hope that MS had some real pilots as alpha and beta testers.

I hope the dreadful fires aren't affecting you. At present here in Sydney people are complaining about the smoke from burnoffs created by firefighters to help ease the possibility of more bush/forest fires in summer.

Edited by jparnold

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Hi texvindictive, I'm having major problems with the program too. I don't know if I'll ever be happy with it. Microsoft should of told Adobo to make it as similar to fsx as possible. Instead, it's totally different. I noticed a long time ago that all the planes looked distorted on the youtube videos. The camera system is terrible. I bought a new computer for this so I can't turn back. Ultimately microsoft is responsible for this disaster. Why would you pick a french company to make a english game. In settings they use the word validate when it should be apply. What dummies.

I agree completely...this is not looking good at all. I am going to dump this simulator for now. If they fix it....I'll jump back on board later on. For now it is taking up too much of my time and all I feel is disappointment! What a bummer!!

Aaron

Aaron

Hi Loki

Even though I wanted it released as quickly as possible especially after seeing some of the early Yuutube videos thought that perhaps it wouldn't be released until maybe November and now wonder if they rushed the release. I can understand that they wanted some payback for development costs.

I hope the dreadful fires aren't affecting you. At present here in Sydney people are complaining about the smoke from burnoffs created by firefighters to help ease the possibility of more bush/forest fires in summer.

Yep, there were real pilots, experienced simmers and newcomers to the hobby. I think it's pretty clear they did rush the release. Between the installation issues that far too many had, bugs, incomplete SDK and lack of manual or other good documentation, they've had, and continue to have, a lot of work to. Having said that, I am still enjoying the sim.

As the worst of the fires are ~900 km away, the only thing we've had here are some smoky skies. Had one relatively small fire much closer, but they got it under control. Now if they can track down the person who left their campfire burning...

Same here...its not just one or two buggy things, its a whole list of unsatisfactory

programming bugs I find inexcusable for a released product. I thought Microsoft

might have learned something from (Flight) apparently not! The more I see of this

simulator the more I dislike it. Yeah...I am pissed! $120.00 for this junkyard?

I'm done ranting now! :)

Aaron

Aaron

I bought a new computer for this so I can't turn back.

Nothing stopping you turning back.

How times have changed from pre release. Wonder how many of those who uninstalled their old sims vowing they will never touch them again are now sitting there for hours and hours reinstalling??? lol

Mark Daniels

Its only one week later and CDKeys.com has it at 15% off. What's that tell you?

It tells you that purchasing dodgy keys bought with stolen credit cards, with the proceeds going to everything from terrorism to drug and people trafficking rings, and so on, is alive and well if you choose to go down that route.

Same here...its not just one or two buggy things, its a whole list of unsatisfactory

programming bugs I find inexcusable for a released product. I thought Microsoft

might have learned something from (Flight) apparently not! The more I see of this

simulator the more I dislike it. Yeah...I am pissed! $120.00 for this junkyard?

I'm done ranting now! :)

Aaron

Luckily I didn't pay more than $1 for it. I bought the 1 month Xbox to PC trial. I have gone back to FS9. MS/Asobo tried to cut corners with this beta. I am sure I'm not the only person disappointed with the game and won't buy it. Maybe in a year or two if it's ever fixed. But not now. However I feel what we got is Flight II and this new game will be forgotten in a year just like Flight.