Before I go out and buy some new hardware I'd like some feedback on performance.

I've been simming since FS98 and have always experienced stuttering even when I've had good frame rates.

Is FS2020 any different with regards to this?

Mike

Hi Mike, don't buy it yet, it is so unstable, i have very good fps and i am very pleased with that, but the stuttering is horrible, game is unplayable at this moment at least for me. Don't hesitate to ask me for details. Rafal.

Hi Frank, can you post your specs here, thanks.

I9-10900k, 2x 2080TI - Nvlink (yes it works)

64gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke

Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

Hi Frank, can you post your specs here, thanks.

I'll Kibitz on this too. My specs on the bottom. No stutter. Smooth as silk even when frame rates drop.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

This isn’t a First Person Shooter, it’s basically an interactive movie, and any film or tv you watch is normally 25fps, and more than watchable. I’ve been having the most success by sticking my V-sync on and limiting to 30fps. I’ve then stuck all my settings to ultra but dialled back grass and bushed, reflections and depth of field to High. What this does is stop your graphics card constantly trying to max the highest rate it can get. Whilst this might be okay in some locations, when you transition to high detail areas or change weather setting on the fly, it creates a massive lag as you card had no head room to fill the gap, so you get stuttering and freezing. A consistent 30 is much easier to maintain and better to play with. You just don’t need anything over 30 in this type of game

I'll Kibitz on this too. My specs on the bottom. No stutter. Smooth as silk even when frame rates drop.

Cool, looks like it is not kinda High-end setup, i have i5-2500K @4,3Ghz 16 Gb Ram and GTX 1660Ti 6GB, and its unplayable for me, whatever settings I'm using. Stutters alot, but fps are very good. I don't know what to do. I tried literally everything except Win 10 reinstalling from scratch.

I've given up on it for many reasons but stuttering isn't one of them. No stutters at all.
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

No Stutters here, enabled hyperthreading or IVT if available, Freesynch monitor, no stutters and smooth with a i5 7400 gtx1060 3g vram at 1980x1080 with all sliders at high

You know what, you have two options:

a) buy it if you want the best sim

b) dont buy it and just watch videos in youtube of all the people that are happy flying

the choice is yours.

eventually if like simming you will

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I have no stutters either on a mid range system AMD 2700x,GTX 1070Ti,32 Gigs of RAM.

From what I'm hearing RAM plays a huge roll. 16 Gig doesn't seem to be enough.

I have got 16 GB RAM and my usage in MSFS is 12. But im gonna see how much it takes in some large city.

I5 6600K, GTX-1070(8G), 32 GB RAM, 1 TB M.2 drive, clean install of Windows 10 and all drivers. Everything updated. Game folder excluded from anti-virus.

Running at 1080.

I get 55-65 fps at most times. In external camera view, absolutely zero stutter. Smooth is a movie.

Looking out the front windscreen in level flight, I also have no stutter. But when I bank into a turn, boom, stutter.

Pretty much tried everything. Downgrading the Nvidia driver to the previous release helped a bit, but not much. Tried various combinations of triple-buffering and vsync, limited/non-limited.

Same thing. I have a slow (5MBPS) connection, but I have manually downloaded and cached my testing areas.

Changing sliders and settings just changes the way the world looks, but has little to no effect on the stuttering.

Frustrated. People with lesser specs than me are claiming no stutter and 60 fps.

Edited by dnpaul

it runs way way smoother for me than fsx every did, and i am on a very lowspec machine, with

a 1050ti card. a lot of stuttering comes from bad setups, unoptimised windows.

just flew over rome, wow, 30 fps, smooth.

ofcourse i run on low/medium settings, but with live traffic and live weather.

try it out via gamepass, only 1 dollar for one month, to see if it runs well on your system.

a lot of ppl seem no pc savvy at all.

I get NO stuttering whatsoever, on a I7 9700K, NVidia 2070 Super Mini, GSkill 32 GB, 1 TB SSD, Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS One (just bought). FPS on High upper 30's and on Ultra upper 40's roughly.

That is, upper 40's on High, and upper 30's on Ultra.

Edited by CBILL737

b) dont buy it and just watch videos in youtube of all the people that are happy flying

Yesterday watched a Youtube reviewer flying in the new sim, you could see the micro stutters, the reviewer commented on the micro stutters ... on a hefty, powerful PC rig, too. Micro stutters still seem to be very common due to all the factors we know must be dealt with, for software like this. Someone like the OP who wants it to run maxed out without any human involvement is probably going to be disappointed.

Edited by ftldave
fix txt