Saitek/Logitech panels not working with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I have been a plane simulator fan for many years now. I am a user of FSX Steam, FSW, Aerofly FS and, last but not least, my favourite X-Plane 11. For flying, I sometimes use Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X and, most of all, Saitek/Logitech equipment.

I was so enthusiastic about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that I decided to buy it the first day it came out. It was stunning and I was so happy with it. „State-of- the-art simulator and a new era of sim flying,” I thought. Everything was great until I tried to switch on my Saitek/Logitech panels:

* Logitech G Pro Flight Radio Panel

* Logitech G Pro Flight Switch Panel

* Logitech G Pro Flight Multi Panel

* Logitech G Pro Flight Instrument Panel

To my disappointment and dismay, none of them works. ☹😢

I started looking for the solution on various forums and it turned out that the Simulator does not support the equipment!

It also turned out that I am one of the many, many disappointed and frustrated simmers. At the present moment, I will certainly discourage my fellow simmers from buying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 as it is more a pretty toy game than a simulator and I will get back to X-Plane 11, as it is so user friendly.

I do hope that the people responsible for this issue will do something about it, because I would really like to take advantage of all the wonderful features of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Presumably (& hopefully) they will add support for these in one of the updates.

In the mean time you can use spad.next (http://www.spadnext.com) I’ve been using it for my panels. It’s not perfect though & I haven’t had everything working. I have also read somewhere of other alternatives which are supposed to work. Maybe someone else here can provide more info

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I haven't, as yet, got round to the issue of the Saitek panels, which I've valued enormously with FSX, using SpadNext as the driver/interface. But firing up SpanNext now, it (of course) doesn't recognise the new FS20 so it can't connect.

So, can we expect/hope that SpadNext will provide an update/patch?

IHello, don't be so disapointed with that problem, there are other more ennoying... I use SPADNEXT, wich allows my switch and multi panels Saitek-logitech to work correctly, providing you just register the plane you use in the SPAD profile. Just some issues with starting the engines, the start switch works, but sometimes the engine(s) don't really fire, a quick Ctrl+e solves the glitch. Good luck, fly safe(and fun)

I urge you good to check it the largest forum thread at Microsoft Flight Simulator forums under peripherals.

It's a Sim connect issue, Logitech have no desire to create drivers so we have to rule them out.

Simconnect which connects everything to the Sim as it's the only API will need to be fixed, Asobo and Microsoft are well aware of this as their partner VATSIM connects the same way.

I suggest checking out the thread and also checking out Axis and Ohs software by lorby. Oliver is active in the forums and had taken the time limit away from his software, who allowed the panels to work, cheaper than spad and he had a desktop version of the FIPs which is in it's own with it's weight in gold.

As I said it's now a Sim connect issue and that needs to be fixed to remove all stuttering etc but it works perfectly out of the box.

👍✈️🙏

I too am sitting on 3 Saitek panels that don’t work. Very disappointed.

I emailed Logitech about support for Saitek Panels and got this in response…

“Due to unforseen changes between the Alpha and final versions of Flight Simulator, updated support for the Flight Panels has been delayed until September”.

I then pressed her (Carmel) to confirm that they are working on the issue and she replied with…

“Yes. You can send us a follow up so we can send you an update if there’s already plugins available for MFS2020. Currently there’s no more information provided aside from the email we sent previously”.

There’s light at the end of the tunnel.

Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5 MB, Intel i7-8700K @ 4.8Ghz, 32Gb Corsair 3200Mhz, Gigabyte GTX1070Ti, Corsair H115i AIO

Adata 480Gb NVME M.2

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the new plugin for using my radio panels. Apart from being a bit jerky and lagging in the encoders going through the numbers all the functions worked EXCEPT the ADF.

The ADF outer rotary seems to change the Hundreds only, but the inner rotary is controlling the decimal point numbers which, for an ADF is absolutely pointless since ADFs are integer only. Not sure if it is a Logitech plugin issue or a MSFS issue.

probably old news to everyone now, but the drivers for the panels are now on the download page for the panels at Logitech.

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024693814--Downloads-Flight-Switch-Panel

Old news? I didn’t know about it until now. Thanks for posting :)

I’ve been using spad.next but this seems much simpler and appears to be working ok

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Got this working yesterday, but it still has to be started manually the first time you do a flight.

The install did not create the batch file or drive folders required for all install files.

My only issue is that the Avionics switch does not work in the Cessna 152, 172 or 182 or Beachcraft that I have tried so far.

Does anyone know of a fix?

I try and it doesn’t work for me. I install the exe and then start a fly and run the plugin but still nothing works. The Multi Panel does work with the Test program from Saitek so the problem is not related to the USB power. Any ideas what could be the problem?

I have been a plane simulator fan for many years now. I am a user of FSX Steam, FSW, Aerofly FS and, last but not least, my favourite X-Plane 11. For flying, I sometimes use Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X and, most of all, Saitek/Logitech equipment.

I was so enthusiastic about the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that I decided to buy it the first day it came out. It was stunning and I was so happy with it. „State-of- the-art simulator and a new era of sim flying,” I thought. Everything was great until I tried to switch on my Saitek/Logitech panels:

* Logitech G Pro Flight Radio Panel

* Logitech G Pro Flight Switch Panel

* Logitech G Pro Flight Multi Panel

* Logitech G Pro Flight Instrument Panel

To my disappointment and dismay, none of them works. ☹😢

I started looking for the solution on various forums and it turned out that the Simulator does not support the equipment!

It also turned out that I am one of the many, many disappointed and frustrated simmers. At the present moment, I will certainly discourage my fellow simmers from buying Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 as it is more a pretty toy game than a simulator and I will get back to X-Plane 11, as it is so user friendly.

I do hope that the people responsible for this issue will do something about it, because I would really like to take advantage of all the wonderful features of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Whilst I do agree that it is indeed a shame that you (and I) cant use our saitek panels, I would hardly call the new MS flight sim 2020 a 'Pretty toy game' I am somewhat puzzled because you then say you would like to take advantage of 'All the wonderful features'

To be fair, My Honeycomb Alpha flight yoke is fully supported even including the switch panel that is on the Alpha, including the ignition switch, all are pre-mapped as are my Thrustmaster warthog throttle and joystick. Also my Saitek Rudder pedals and my saitek throttle unit (The stand alone USB version ) is also supported straight out of the box. I am sure that the Saitek/Logitech instrument panels support will follow, obviously Logitech/Saitek have worked with MS with regards to the hardware that does work at this present time but launching such an advanced huge programme such as Flight sim 2020 is in it's self a massive undertaking and there are bound to be a few issues to be addressed as the programme rolls on. I am certainly Holding on to my Saitek Radio panels and my Saitek multi auto pilot panel. I will however sell the Switch panel and my Saitek yoke as that really is a toy when compared to the Alpha.:)

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I've tried that many times, along with Span next, the whole 9 yards,,,,,nothing works!, Larry

Hi Larry, have you installed the drivers for the panels? You install them first & then install the plugin.

They should work.

If you prefer to use Spad.next, you still need to install the drivers (from the Logitech site) first.

Regards

Steve

I just solved that issue a few hours ago. Go to the Logitech site and look through their downloads for a MS2020 plugin. It is a quick download and you will have to restart your computer, but mine panels worked fine after that.

It was a real pain finding it. You have to do a lot of scrolling to get to it, but it is available. If you can't locate it, do a search in your browser for MS2020 logitech plugin and see if that helps.

Hi Larry, have you installed the drivers for the panels? You install them first & then install the plugin.

They should work.

If you prefer to use Spad.next, you still need to install the drivers (from the Logitech site) first.

Regards

Steve

I can find the MS2020 Plug-in -- no problem at all. I cannot find the "drivers" on Logitech.com. Does Windows perhaps install a driver automatically when the USB connection is made??

I can find "Flight Instrument Panel drivers," but they're over 3 years old, which I believe is not want we're looking for.

Edited by milleron
Ryzen 5800X, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM (3600),EVGA 850W Gold PSU, Gigabyte X570 Master mb, Noctua NH-U12A, Samsung 1TB 970 EVO+ PCIEe 3, D: drive 1TB PNY PCIe 3, Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant, LG 34" ISP 1440 monitor, Internet 230 Mbs over Wi-Fi

I can find the MS2020 Plug-in -- no problem at all. I cannot find the "drivers" on Logitech.com. Does Windows perhaps install a driver automatically when the USB connection is made??

I can find "Flight Instrument Panel drivers," but they're over 3 years old, which I believe is not want we're looking for.

Yes those are the ones. Even though they’re 3 years old then still work.

You install those first. During installation it will ask you to unplug your panels.. click next & then plug them back in again.

Once installation is complete, you can then install the MSFS plugin.

If you’ve already got the plugin installed, I’d uninstall it first.

Regards

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the info and advice.

Ryzen 5800X, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM (3600),EVGA 850W Gold PSU, Gigabyte X570 Master mb, Noctua NH-U12A, Samsung 1TB 970 EVO+ PCIEe 3, D: drive 1TB PNY PCIe 3, Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant, LG 34" ISP 1440 monitor, Internet 230 Mbs over Wi-Fi