MSFS Known Issues

An easy request to the Zendesk that can be quickly done by MS team is to turn the TAXI ASSIST less exagerated.

First, we dont need those brick walls forming a square in the stop spot, we know where to stop and besides the airport worker is directing us with his own signals.

Second, the blue arrows, it really makes the sim sluggish. A tiny microscopic blue arrow at 100 meters intervals would be enough

I turned off taxi assist and use an airport diagram displayed on another monitor. However, I found airport taxiway signs to be missing or misplaced making it difficult. The map zoomed in shows a pretty good airport layout to show where you are. If you can follow the taxi instructions and find them, the airport workers show you where to park. A little more realistic than following arrows.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

KPHG airport is missing. This is a significant airport to northern Kansas, southern Nebraska. It has a 4500 ft. runway and there is a lot of GA activity because PHILLIPSBURG, KS has a number of large industrial sites, railroad shop and refinery in particular.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi all,

Have you experienced this problem?

When you choose a mission such as for example a training flight or a challenge like "Landing in Courchevel" and you click on the "Start flight" button, everything goes well, the flight begins.

On the other hand, if you choose the world map and you make a flight plan, the simulation does not start when you press the "Start flight" button. The button reacts, but nothing happens, the map simply remains displayed.

If you go back to the training flights page to do a flight, the button works fine and the flight starts.

The problem is identified because of a Win10 account name which has one or more non-ASCii characters, which is the case on my PC with my first name Gérard.

All users who are like Öllie or Ärno or Jerome experience this bug.

To solve the problem some moderators of the Microsoft forum suggest changing the name of the account and removing the characters involved, but a lot of concern results from this change on a computer especially when the machine is linked to a Microsoft account which is required for MSFS 2020, you cannot change account name easily especially with other programs linked to this user.

So other people suggest creating a new user account on the PC, uninstalling the simulator and reinstalling it on this new user.

This operation solves the bug, the "Start flight" button works. However not everyone is able to do this and people think that it is Microsoft / Asobo that needs to release a patch so that the non-ASCii characters are taken into account and that MSFS buyers can finally play normally.

I myself think it's up to the designers to do what they need to do and not the user.

Of course this bug is not a priority for the developers, they probably think that only a few hundred or maybe thousands of users are affected and are therefore in no hurry to deal with the thing ...

Personally I sent a request on Zendesk and I am waiting for a response.

In fact all the people who encounter this problem hope for a future patch

What do you think about this fact that users feel cheated by MSFS / ASOBO?

To see the 255 posts that relate this issue, check out this Microsoft forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-click-fly-button-on-the-world-map/250386.

You must register to access the forum with your Microsoft or Xbox Account credentials.

Sorry to have been a bit long in my explanations, and thank you to those who have had the patience to read me.

Gérard de Montélimar FRANCE

not true, the ga aircraft, behave pretty well.

maybe learn how to operate them properly and set up your peripherals right,

yes rudder is too sensitive , i bet it will be fixed, but its not a priority and it certainly is flyable, if you know what you are doing.

the issue is not with the game mainly, but with the gamers.

lookat youtubes from Squirell, he does not have many problems.

The whole Program is a dog's breakfast. It is not a simulator, the only redeeming aspect is the brilliant scenery. The rest is shambles. I ran my throttle through the process of setting the axis up correctly, it works right until I get into the cockpit then it reverses the axis - pushing the throttle forward produces idle, pulling it back gets full throttle. I have repeated the process many times, I am not a teenager, it does not work. There is no airport diagram available. You land on a strange airport and you are lost. Wind information is so primitive and takes a long time to find. The VFR map is a joke. The Weather is a joke. What is aerosol density? I've never heard of that term used in an aviation weather report. My impression is that the whole program was designed by people with absolutely no knowledge of aviation, air traffic or anything to do with airplanes. The testers were probably teenagers with the same problems.

The whole Program is a dog's breakfast. It is not a simulator, the only redeeming aspect is the brilliant scenery. The rest is shambles. I ran my throttle through the process of setting the axis up correctly, it works right until I get into the cockpit then it reverses the axis - pushing the throttle forward produces idle, pulling it back gets full throttle. I have repeated the process many times, I am not a teenager, it does not work. There is no airport diagram available. You land on a strange airport and you are lost. Wind information is so primitive and takes a long time to find. The VFR map is a joke. The Weather is a joke. What is aerosol density? I've never heard of that term used in an aviation weather report. My impression is that the whole program was designed by people with absolutely no knowledge of aviation, air traffic or anything to do with airplanes. The testers were probably teenagers with the same problems.

I completely agree. It's a good kiddie scenery game and that's it.

At LEAL Alicante gate 53, there's a tree growing out of the jetway.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I had the throttle reverse thrust and the throttles going crazy, after hours of trying I deleted the increase and decrease axis and it all went back to normal.

Trees growing out of ships

and the list goes on and on, I am writing them down in the hope the MS will continue to fix things.

The more I fligh, the more desappointed I am by this scam! out of the wonderfull eye candy of the sightseeing from altitude, all is wrong. outdated bing datas, awfull AI work on buildings and sure, bridges! Sorry can't succeed loading a screenshot of the river Seine (France) two first and prominent High bridges, but their representation is NOT acceptable. Plenty like that plus some underwater, and everywhere. I lke flying VFR in France, and only the position of the roads and rivers are quite accurate, you can't rely on villages to correct your track, some are missing! Too many errors to mention everywhere in the whole world. How many patches will we have to wait for, knowing that the second one did not adress the needss!

Another missing significant airport, U64, the new airport in Monticello, Utah. It has a paved 6,000 runway. It replaced U43, which was across the road. It is about 2-3 miles north of the city. Neither airport is available in the sim!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

With FSX out of the box, everything was pure fantasy, improved with Ultimate Terrain for actual coastlines and roads or photo scenery with no autogen at additional cost. MSFS provides photo scenery with autogen, 3d lights at night, seasons and pretty good weather depiction. While not as good as expensive addon scenery, it gives more of a reality feeling than what I was using in FSX, and it utilizes computer hardware that 32 bit FSX couldn't, giving smooth FPS in dense scenery areas. Except in limited areas, sightseeing isn't all that great, but my concern is not with the scenery, but with the problems preventing errorless flying of an airplane from one point to another.

The altimeter doesn't work right with real weather, the autopilot doesn't work at all in some areas of the world for some strange reason, airport taxiways are given made-up designators rather than what is in the real world, and other issues reported by others. I can live with the scenery issues, but I cannot live with the functional issues, and am actually a bit angry about it.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

This update has grounded me. Using an CH Yoke which worked perfectly, up until patch 1.0.3.0, using only the Icon A5 and Cessna 152, because of the problems, associated with the big birds, everything worked fine. Updated with patch 1.0.3.0, and all of a sudden, when taking off the planes would rise to about 500 ft., and then suddenly, and violently, start going left and right, until it crashed into the ground.

I have put in an ticket to Asobo. Until they fix this I'm grounded. Hopefully, they will get out a patch soon.

By the way, I changed none of the configurations that I had set up the sim with.

Edited by rrroberttt
add paragraph

Updated with patch 1.0.3.0, and all of a sudden, when taking off the planes would rise to about 500 ft., and then suddenly, and violently, start going left and right, until it crashed into the ground.

Re-calibrate the yoke with the Windows 10 Game Controllers app - search for joy.cpl - relaunch the sim and you should be back to normal.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

@tiger1962;

Thanks for your input, i've tried that, but it doesn't work. Actually, every action from the yoke work, however, when attempting to lift off, when I get to about 500 ft. above ground, then the violent action begins. I think I will re-install the sim entirely and, see how that goes. Again, thanks for your input.

It seems asobo/black shark just leave out anything they feel like. Several small islands In the Philippines, where i go swimming, are totally left out, even though they're clearly visable on google maps.

MSFS uses Bing Maps as the data source, not Google.

I have been here on this forum for 5 minutes and have just read such negativity, the Sim has been live for not even a week, ground breaking tech literally just seen the light of day....I have bugs, quite a few bugs, I'm not worried because they will be fixed.

Who cares wether other Sims are this and that, MSFS is less than a week old publicly and already a much better foundation than anything previous.

I feel privileged to be a part of something next gen, but I'll head back over to the Microsoft forums where they don't reek of such negative bad vibes, but believe and have optimism as to the potential this Sim has when things start to iron out.

If the program worked, there wouldn't be bad vibes!

Kap, i'm quite sure if you were one of us that haven't been able to load and run this turkey, you would not be so caviler about ,it's only 10%.Ten percent of the amount of programs sold is a growing population of dissatisfied buyers. Sooner or later there is a collapse point which even the 90% can't overcome. Takes more than sweet talk (blowing smoke). I personally don't think is, msfs 2020, was ready for public release. Of course, the money has been made, Marketing can accept 10% of disgruntled customers. But, that only works once./B]