MSFS Known Issues

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will try to point this out kindly. I am not attacking you personally. But you point blank accuse the program of not working, and in another thread which you created to note the "problem", you come back with an oops, I didn't log out and relog in. That fixed it. So many issues are people posting "it is broken" on the forums, when in fact they don't know how to run the program, and just say 'it is broken" instead of trying to learn how to run it.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Mine is working, but when I updated it to 1-9-3 the buildings at the end of runway 21 of my home town CYXH airport became very tall like 20 stories blocking the landing approach. In real life , those buildings are just 1 to 2 stories in height. How do I make those buildings back to normal height again?

When trying to clear the value of a keyboard control assignment, it removes the control setting completely...it disappears from the list. Ehh...

Are you looking at the full list, or the filtered list showing what has actually been assigned? If you remove an assigned command, I would expect it to disappear from the filtered list.

Hi,

Sometimes when I want to activate the map, fs2020 crashes...

And for you?

MC : Asus TUF Z390, Proc : Core I9-9900KF, RAM : 32 Go DDR4, GC : MSI RXT 2080 Ti 11 GO DDR6, HD : SSHD Samsung EVO+ 1 TO, HD2 Toshiba 3To 7200, screen : Samsung 32" incurved

I have noticed that it will go through the "searching for updates" screen each time it starts, but for me it doesn't appear to find anything. Is 1.9.4 even released yet?

When I check Content Manager, I see the Core Content always listed at the top, with a note saying "relaunch the game to update". It seems to imply that there is an update ready to install. I have restarted numerous times and it is still there. It doesn't let you check the box associated with it, either.

Perhaps this is only possible when an update is actually ready?

content mgr.jpg

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

That's exactly what I'm getting. I was assuming 1.9.4 was out because of getting the same message. Also if you scroll down the list, several airports say updates available. If you check one and go to the bottom button that says dependencies, it says update 1.9.4 necessary for the airport update.

That's exactly what I'm getting. I was assuming 1.9.4 was out because of getting the same message. Also if you scroll down the list, several airports say updates available. If you check one and go to the bottom button that says dependencies, it says update 1.9.4 necessary for the airport update.

After reading this, I checked the content manager and found two airport updates available. I selected them and clicked on the download button resulting in a 6.86 GB download. My MSFS version is currently 1.9.3.0. Rechecking the content manager, there are more items listed with update available. After checking and downloading the JFK update, it is still listed with an update available.

I'm interested in this because FSDT indicated that they provided the marketplace with an update to their Key West scenery a week ago, but no update is yet available in the content manager.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

If the developer doesn't provide guidance for "some program, hardware, software, driver or win 10 issue in the user's machine" the developer IS culpable! This is an old blame game in progress. Whether the app survives and thrives OR dies in cyberspace, I/we will be stuck with either living without the app or spending way more than the current $120 app price. [so, el Kapitan, 90% of what total purchases, and how do you know that the % is 90?]

there's a dark overlay on the print and makes it unreadable this end anyway.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

there's a dark overlay on the print and makes it unreadable this end anyway.....

You can read the webpage for yourself here: https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-8th-2020-development-update/

While you're there check out the forums too for plenty of good information and links to useful stuff.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 2 weeks later...
ATC sends your aircraft way above the operating ceiling, even after you request a reasonable cruise level in the NAV LOG.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I'm on my second day of using FS and have never flown a sim before but I'm able to fly a 172 around my county and I'm impressed. I've had my problems, I have my sensitivity down 98% and the controls (152 & 172) are still quite jerky, I am wondering if my cheapo game controller is part of the problem. One thing that caused me a lot of grief was not throttling back after getting to 500', if you don't do that the 152 and 172 are unflyable.

BTW

I'm happy with using game controller, it takes up no room and it has lots of buttons, I don't know if Ill ever pop for a fancy yoke.

i7-2600k @ 4.5 gig, 24 gig memory Radon RX590 (seems potent enough so far - 60 fps)

I don't know how to make the rivatuner statistics server display like squirrel has it, that's my most recent insurmountable problem.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

F-ING AMAZING!! I just read ten pages of issues that obviously show 2020 to date is totally unusable as a sim!!!!! (IMHO a "flight sim" tries to actually simulate RW flying experiences. And yes AOPA, FedEx, UPS, etc. are actually using "sims" to enhance pilot training every day!!)

IMO This product will never ever qualify as nearly as close to a "Sim" as FS9, FSX, X-Pane, or P3D. And yes, as an old real world pilot, I've tried each of those including being totally disappointed with 2020!

So I and probably you as well, was stupid enough to waste $100+- to be "Charley" Testers on a POS software that only shows pretty pictures and is IMO only a test platform for online gaming hand held toys.

There is no way anyone can even pretend this $100 software is even close to being a sim!![ If it were actually a RW product that sold for $100, there would be so many lawsuits about it, it'd rightfully fill up the courts for probably a decade!!!

Forget About 2020!! IMO Unless you play with a handheld game console there is no way they are interested in you or I!!! Didn't they do exactly this same scam a few years with a pretend sim for online use involving "flying" around Hawaii?

BTW: Every time I do a mandatory Windows Ten "update" all it means is I get more ads!!!! They don't G.A.F. about anything but receiving advertisers' dollars!!

If you're still on Windows 7 or whatever DON'T EVEN CONSIDER "UPDATING" TO WINDOWS TEN!!! I'M TRULY SORRY I EVER DID!!! It's as bad as FS2020!!

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

My CH Flightsim yoke (no pedals) is a bit jerky. The only way is to keep playing around the the sensitivity config. Melbourne scenery has a mysterious upright structure, like a tower or some thing, jutting up to about 1500 ft located to the East of the field. As a Melbourne resident and simmer, i know there is no such structure in real life. The scenery guys should have got this right. All in all, i'm happy with it and have flown directly over my own house which was recognisable.